Here, let us help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guests came back late for check out. We can handle a few minutes, no big deal. Then, they didn't come back out of the room. Finally they leave. I go into the room and the guests have stripped the beds and thrown everything in a huge pile on the floor.
Two beds' worth of sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow shams. All of it in one huge pile. How did that help? It wasted their time and mine.
If they do this at friend'' houses, they must never get invited back!

They must be used to time shares. Weird.
we saw that for the first time last week. A little different. We had donated the room to an art festival and were housing one of the participating artists. So it was free to them, almost a home host. I guessed they wanted to be good guests. Ca

Be thankful they didn't do this...
K4iMAyG.jpg

I've had more than one guest not only bundle their bedsheets & towels, but brought them down to me while I was still cleaning up from breakfast and ask me where to put them. What the ...?? I have to bring fresh linens to your room, so you're not saving me a trip. Also, I'll have a laundry basket with me when I bring the new linens, so I will load it with the dirty ones. Lastly, I have elastic bands with clips on every bed to keep the sheets snug. Now I'll have to dig under the mattress to find the clips, so you've just made things worse on my shoulders and back!
I even had a guest staying in a room with an exterior entrance dump all of her sheets and towels on my deck when she was checking out. Really????

oooh, I love helpful guests
heart.gif

Dirty dishes piled on top of a stack of clean ones with trash and garbage all in the mix. Thank you!
wink_smile.gif

Better still... I found out later on it was not the guests, it was Gomez. He thought it was helpful to go around and dump everything on the floor. I want to do that in the bathrooms - just pile everything up in a big ball and let him sort it out. Toilet rolls and soap piled into the towels and bath mats and the hair dryer rolled in there for good measure. Tissues into the mix.

Better still... I found out later on it was not the guests, it was Gomez. He thought it was helpful to go around and dump everything on the floor. I want to do that in the bathrooms - just pile everything up in a big ball and let him sort it out. Toilet rolls and soap piled into the towels and bath mats and the hair dryer rolled in there for good measure. Tissues into the mix..
Okay that got me laughing.

I plead guilty when staying at a B & B. I fold the blankets and then strip the sheets and pillowcases that I leave on the bed though. I do not know where the washer is located so leave sheets on the bed and towels in the bathroom.

Back