Here's the dessert I entered into the 'chocolate challenge'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
clouds.JPG

I have those chocolate cups. Was planning to use them this month for something special for turndown. Yours look yummy!

Wow! Yum!
How did it go??
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
Wow! Yum!
How did it go??
=)
Kk.
It was a lot of fun and the whole table got raves for all the chocolate! I got a few kudos for 'presentation' and one woman kept dragging all her friends back with, 'You've got to see this, I'm making these for our getaway!' And then there was the 9 yo kid who basically parked herself next to me...

Beautiful, Bree! Can you describe what's in the cups? White chocolate mousse, perhaps? How about a recipe?

Beautiful, Bree! Can you describe what's in the cups? White chocolate mousse, perhaps? How about a recipe?.
Sanctuary in Miami said:
Beautiful, Bree! Can you describe what's in the cups? White chocolate mousse, perhaps? How about a recipe?
Cannoli cream. Easy as can be. I think there's a recipe in the recipe section already. If not, I'll post it. Just let the cream set up for about 30 minutes and then pipe into the cups. THAT was the easiest thing I've every done, the piping that is. Now piping decor on a cake wouldn't be my style, but fill 'er up on the cups? Easy!

Very Nice!
Can you freeze them indiv for guest use later on? Or does the cream get icky if frozen?

Very Nice!
Can you freeze them indiv for guest use later on? Or does the cream get icky if frozen?.
I haven't frozen these yet, but my guess is not a problem. Once I make another batch and freeze them I'll let you know. I DO know you can freeze mascarpone cheese in these shells and they come out fine.

Beautiful, Bree! Can you describe what's in the cups? White chocolate mousse, perhaps? How about a recipe?.
Sanctuary in Miami said:
Cannoli cream. Easy as can be. I think there's a recipe in the recipe section already. If not, I'll post it. Just let the cream set up for about 30 minutes and then pipe into the cups. THAT was the easiest thing I've every done, the piping that is. Now piping decor on a cake wouldn't be my style, but fill 'er up on the cups? Easy!
Yum! I made a similar cream for yesterday's dessert. The difference was I stirred melted white chocolate into the ricotta before folding in the whipped cream. I guess that would be called White Chocolate Cannoli Cream.
I let it set up for a couple hours, then used it in individual trifles. In this case, it was layered with cubes of cinnamon chiffon (from a dinner last week) and chunks of roasted pineapple. Topped it all off with white chocolate curls and a dusting of cinnamon.

Back