Hi...and thanks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lurking and reading and learning from all of you for months, but I haven't taken the time to join the forum til now. So many times I've wanted to chime in, give an opinion, ask a question, or answer one--but just the act of creating an account has seemed like one more thing I don't have time for at the end of a busy day. Finally today it's done, and I hope to be able to add positively to the conversation in the times ahead. In my 4th year of innkeeping now and still learning from you and my guests every day---and having the time of my life! Thanks for your advice and your wisdom---and have a great Labor Day Weekend!

welcome.gif

hope to see more posts from you soon!

Welcome! Since you have been lurking you already know us. How many rooms do you have? Are you "Tourist" or Podunk? (I am Podunk). Asking so we can get to know a bit about you too w/o revealing WHO/specific where.

Welcome! Since you have been lurking you already know us. How many rooms do you have? Are you "Tourist" or Podunk? (I am Podunk). Asking so we can get to know a bit about you too w/o revealing WHO/specific where..
Nine rooms in an historic home in a smallish (100,000?) city. Mix of room styles and prices, and an interesting mix of guests---romantic getaways, tourists, 20's & 30's enjoying the city's pubs and nightlife, and a growing number of biz guests. Thanks for asking, Gillum. I've moved around a lot in my life, and used to live (happily in my hills, too) in your beautiful state...for 10 years, in fact. And I just saw yesterday that JB used to live in Kitsap Peninsula, and I just have to give a shout-out and say "me too, 100 years ago..." The inn is my full-time gig and my DH has 2 full-time gigs when you add his day job to this nights&weekends job.
wink_smile.gif

Thanks, everybody, for the warm welcome.

Welcome! Since you have been lurking you already know us. How many rooms do you have? Are you "Tourist" or Podunk? (I am Podunk). Asking so we can get to know a bit about you too w/o revealing WHO/specific where..
Nine rooms in an historic home in a smallish (100,000?) city. Mix of room styles and prices, and an interesting mix of guests---romantic getaways, tourists, 20's & 30's enjoying the city's pubs and nightlife, and a growing number of biz guests. Thanks for asking, Gillum. I've moved around a lot in my life, and used to live (happily in my hills, too) in your beautiful state...for 10 years, in fact. And I just saw yesterday that JB used to live in Kitsap Peninsula, and I just have to give a shout-out and say "me too, 100 years ago..." The inn is my full-time gig and my DH has 2 full-time gigs when you add his day job to this nights&weekends job.
wink_smile.gif

Where in WV? I grew up in the Weirton/Steubenville area and I see you are now Midwest. I did what I call a 24 year sentence in Illinois (NW burbs of Chicago).

wink_smile.gif

Where in WV? I grew up in the Weirton/Steubenville area and I see you are now Midwest. I did what I call a 24 year sentence in Illinois (NW burbs of Chicago).
Huntington. Just loved WV.....especially the Dolly Sods area, and is it Cranberry Wilderness? Lots of backpacking back in the days when we were younger and fitter.

wink_smile.gif

Huntington. Just loved WV.....especially the Dolly Sods area, and is it Cranberry Wilderness? Lots of backpacking back in the days when we were younger and fitter.
Cranberry Wilderness Area or Cranberry Glades. My backpacking was a kid in the backpack carrier.
Huntington has had a renaisance. The downtown is coming back. If they can manage to eliminate it as a stop on the drug route from Detroit it will be even better than it is now - and it is pretty nice now.

Back