Hidden Cove off and running!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiddencove

Reaction score
Hi all! I just started my B&B the first day of May! I am full every day this week and just got two more reservations for next week, with another weeks's reservation in September. People are coming from Texas, California, Washington, and Oregon. I guess my website and marketing are paying off! I am getting reservations from a site called TravelOregon, BedandBreakfast.com, and BandBGuild! My website is a link from all of these other sites I have gotten listed on. I am listed with the Visitor and Convention Bureau and many other places. Every day I attempt to get my website listed on sites for free. I am only paying for one site so far!
The internet is such a wonderful medium for business marketing. I never would have dreamed in a milliion years that I could start a business on the first of the month and be full immediately! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to start with such a bang! I have already made enough money to pay for all of my start-up costs! I will have my first dollar of profit June 1, 2209...on my 62nd birthday!
My rates are lower, but not by much. I am on a lakefront. That may be the reason. I am just delighted! Since I only have two rooms....whatever I am dong is working enough to fill me up! Happy on the lake!
I have also been trying out different breakfast venues with my guests. They love voting on the one they like the best! Yesterday I called an eco-tourism company to come and give kayak tours of the lake for $35.00 per person. It was a hit! I am attempting to network with local businesses by coordinating a 10% off discount for referral business back and forth. Every business in my town has said yes. Not one business turned down the idea!
All is Well on the Oregon coast!

congratulations!
your enthusiasm jumps off the screen here. i wish you all the best.

Congratulations! I just love networking and building partnerships. It has been a very important part of what we do.

Welcome back hiddencove, that is great news. Congratulations on such a successful start.

Very good news and glad it is all working for you!!
This is not to be taken as a drag but if you haven't done so, do make sure your insurance company is OK with the way you are partnering. Many of us (including me) do networking, partnering or doing packages but some insurance companies have certain policies which you must follow to be protected.

hiddencove said:
I will have my first dollar of profit June 1, 2209...on my 62nd birthday!
Happy Birthday! And I'm sure you didn't mean your first dollar of profit would be 200 years from now...
cheers.gif

I've been at this 5 years now and haven't made a dime so you're doing well!

BTW, I love your rooms and the location seems really good.

Wow, best of luck to you! I also love your rooms and I'm crazy about that corner vanity with the bank of drawers beside it. Looks like you could have put in a traditional small vanity sink, but it would have been just average. What you've done here is really unique. And I agree; your enthusiasm is jumping off the page. May you keep that enthusiasm for a long time to come and may it be rewarded from your customers!

hiddencove said:
Happy Birthday! And I'm sure you didn't mean your first dollar of profit would be 200 years from now...
cheers.gif

I've been at this 5 years now and haven't made a dime so you're doing well!.
Bree said:
hiddencove said:
cheers.gif

I've been at this 5 years now and haven't made a dime so you're doing well!
yeah, i was wondering if i was reading that correctly!? 2209??

Thank you for all of your kind words! I hope I do not wear myself out! Everyone has been so very appreciative. This is such a rewarding business to be involved in. I have a Katsura tree on my property. The leaves are small and heart-shaped. I am drying and pressing the leaves and making note cards that say on the back: With love, from Hidden Cove." Then I got some polished black rocks and a gold pen. On the top of the rock I have written ""Hidden Cove......when you turn it over, it says "Rocks!" Then I am putting the rock in a shammy, indian, medicine pouch and giving one to every guest when they leave. This spot on the planet is a special healing energy place. I know it needed to be shared with others.
Thanks for all the encouragement. This seems like a very nurturing and loving group.

Thank you for all of your kind words! I hope I do not wear myself out! Everyone has been so very appreciative. This is such a rewarding business to be involved in. I have a Katsura tree on my property. The leaves are small and heart-shaped. I am drying and pressing the leaves and making note cards that say on the back: With love, from Hidden Cove." Then I got some polished black rocks and a gold pen. On the top of the rock I have written ""Hidden Cove......when you turn it over, it says "Rocks!" Then I am putting the rock in a shammy, indian, medicine pouch and giving one to every guest when they leave. This spot on the planet is a special healing energy place. I know it needed to be shared with others.
Thanks for all the encouragement. This seems like a very nurturing and loving group..
Then I got some polished black rocks and a gold pen. On the top of the rock I have written ""Hidden Cove......when you turn it over, it says "Rocks!" Then I am putting the rock in a shammy, indian, medicine pouch and giving one to every guest when they leave.
FANTASTIC MARKETING!!! What a wonderful idea. Great marketing.

Back