High School Prom photos at your B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Every year the tradition continues here - 8 couples and parents and siblings will be here to take their prom photos tomorrow. We are supposed to get massive thunderstorms on and off. We'll see how it goes. Ya know we have had guests all week long and not one of them has sat by the pond nor mentioned the giant peonies that are blooming...so if someone can enjoy it then go for it! I am going to take some pics of the peonies right now...be right back.

My peony buds are HUGE, I can't wait 'til they open up!
One of our housekeepers is getting married on May 30th...the peonies and clematis are under strict orders to be in perfect bloom for her photos here!

My son mowed down the peonies when he mowed right after Easter. Maybe next year. The azaelas came in beautifully but wind & rain got them and the dogwood before I could get photos. The small rhodo is full of blooms, the white rhodo is dead I think (the frigid winter finished off what a couple of DH bonfires in the driveway started), and the big rhodo os almost ready to pop. It is chock full of buds.

The links won't open for me
sad_smile.gif

I know you've mentoned this before, but I can't remember... do you charge them for this? If you do, are their any limits you put on it like time (time of day or per hour)?

We had a light rain last night and it made them very happy now they are even bigger.
No I don't charge anyone for photo shoots here. I really want them to pass these photos around and then they tell everyone where they took them. One day they might be back for their wedding night. :)

DH worked outside all day with mulch and is freakin' out. He keeps saying "Why do they want photos HERE?" I tell him to enjoy all his hard work, the guests rarely do! (Altho we did have guests taking some pics out there this morning)
The Prom couples went onto the porch, around to the front, and couples only pics near the pond. Here is one I shot from the kitchen window - there are another 15 people off to the right, younger brothers and Dads etc. It is really quite comical.
cut n paste this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8zhgev&s=5
Of course the two rooms check in right as all this is happening...Mother Murphy's Law of Innkeeping. The one male guest said "Oh a wedding!" I said, uh nawww they wear a white gown.
tounge_smile.gif

DH worked outside all day with mulch and is freakin' out. He keeps saying "Why do they want photos HERE?" I tell him to enjoy all his hard work, the guests rarely do! (Altho we did have guests taking some pics out there this morning)
The Prom couples went onto the porch, around to the front, and couples only pics near the pond. Here is one I shot from the kitchen window - there are another 15 people off to the right, younger brothers and Dads etc. It is really quite comical.
cut n paste this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8zhgev&s=5
Of course the two rooms check in right as all this is happening...Mother Murphy's Law of Innkeeping. The one male guest said "Oh a wedding!" I said, uh nawww they wear a white gown.
tounge_smile.gif
Gorgeous! Everything looks so lush, almost tropical. Good work!

Back