Highland John?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Since I returned to this forum a couple of weeks ago I haven't seen anything from Highland John. Is he still around? Last I heard he was thinking of adding a Juliet balcony to one of his rooms and I wondered how that came out.

cry_smile.gif

Nope we havn't heard from him in a long time

A couple of years ago on a different forum, a regular dropped off the radar and after a couple of months one of the forum members heard from his wife who'd finally made her way through his old e-mails.
He had been killed in a motorcycle accident. All of us on the forum agreed it had more impact on us than many of the deaths of folks we actually "know". It's kind of amazing how cyber relationships can be as real to us as those we have with people we see every day.

Busy making marmalade. I was thinking of him the other day with some store bought rotten marmalade, thinking of the homemade he makes. :)
We have traded blog links, so keep uptodate on the magnificant photos and sights of Scotland that way. I have this same relationship with a couple of other bloggers on this forum, they are doing amazing things...they just read here and don't post too often.

cry_smile.gif

Nope we havn't heard from him in a long time.
Hello folks,
Thanks for the enquiries about my disappearance. Wasn't really a deliberate thing, just busy with the B&B, went of to New Zealand for 6 weeks, and just got out of the habit of checking threads.
It's so nice that folk even remember me, I'm definitely back.

cry_smile.gif

Hello folks,
Thanks for the enquiries about my disappearance. Wasn't really a deliberate thing, just busy with the B&B, went of to New Zealand for 6 weeks, and just got out of the habit of checking threads.
Great to know you're still there John! I've not been to New Zealand yet, but here it's a hard place to leave due to the natural beauty. Six weeks there must have been excellent.

cry_smile.gif

Hello folks,
glad to hear you have been busy with the B&B mind you I'm guessing Loch Ness is pretty busy year round! did you ever go ahead with the balcony?

cry_smile.gif

Hello folks,
Welcome back.

Back