Hired and Fired in One Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess she was hoping to pay me for a little less time. but, really, the cost would have been minimal and i also washed the sheets with others already in the machine.
copperhead, you are wicked!
devil_smile.gif

This is just so gross ... that woman must have absolutely no conscience or sense of pride. Thank goodness there are still people in the world like you. Good for you for standing on your convictions. Something good will come your way.

The sad thing is that you cannot warn people about it. Unfortunately, I can believe it. There are people who ride the edge in every profession.

EWWWWW! I would have done the same, good for you not to settle for what she said..

well, you know how sometimes you'll see a review of the place and the writer complains of dirty sheets? now we know ...
bree pointed out to me, in a private email, that if the guests checking in had found a dirty sock in the bed, the owner would have blamed me. i hadn't thought of the blame issue.

i have been thinking some more about these rental homes and cottages. they are all over the south shore of mass., cape cod and the islands. i rented one myself last september when there was a family wedding.
the agreement stated we could pay to have someone clean the place or we could save the fee and do it ourselves, leaving the place 'as we found it' for the next check-ins. this makes me wonder now ... really ... if i ever rent a place again, i'm going to launder and remake the bed before climbing in!.
That is just bad business practice. I cannot believe that property owners would leave it up to guests to clean the place for the next guests. Outrageous. I hate to say it, I shudder to say it but maybe there needs to be some oversight in that part of the rental business. Yikes.
I guess the smart thing is to bring ones own linens!

Back