Hit and Run

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Ohhhhh, couldn't they all be this easy?
We had a honeymoon couple in our Cottage last night. When making the reservation, the groom said they would be coming directly from the wedding and didn't know how late they would be. "No problem" I tell him, "we'll leave the Cottage open, what time do you want breakfast delivered".
Well, they arrived last night 9:00ish, found their way to the Cottage, I stayed in my living room. We deliver their coffee & breakfast this morning at their desired time of 9:30, then at 10:30 I heard their car pulling out of the driveway.
Never met them, never saw them! Most people would come to the main house to say goodbye or thanks, but these folks just left. They left a nice note thanking us.
Sheesh, I almost feel guilty taking their money.......yeah, right!!!!!!!

For every one of these people, you get ten uber needy diva type that expect to be waited on hand and foot.
Enjoy it while you can!

For every one of these people, you get ten uber needy diva type that expect to be waited on hand and foot.
Enjoy it while you can!.
TLE041 said:
Enjoy it while you can!
Hey! Watch out with that Diva talk!!
teeth_smile.gif

Oh, I feel for you Insider! Is there a tracter pull in town or something? Sometimes they can just be dumb as rocks. Let's hope that once they settle in they'll be ok.
For every action, there is a reaction....maybe my easy folks last night counter balanced the earth and now you're dealing with the reaction.
Hang in there!

Didn't swipe their card?.
Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
We have their deposit but we take care of the balance on the day of check out. I think they are settling down a bit, but now they're talking about renting a car (they are afraid to go into town to park too!). They checked in at 2 pm and NEVER LEFT.
So looks like we will be staring at their big duely smack dab in the middle of the parking lot for the remainder of the week. They are just way out there. Operation AVOID for the rest of the week.

Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
We have their deposit but we take care of the balance on the day of check out. I think they are settling down a bit, but now they're talking about renting a car (they are afraid to go into town to park too!). They checked in at 2 pm and NEVER LEFT.
So looks like we will be staring at their big duely smack dab in the middle of the parking lot for the remainder of the week. They are just way out there. Operation AVOID for the rest of the week.
InnsiderInfo said:
Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
Actually, I was addressing Breakfast Diva's original post.
confused_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
Sorry PT, I didn't know this comment was ment for me!.
I didn't have to swipe their card because I run a deposit of 1 night at the time of booking. Since we deliver breakfast, I include their invoice with the printed menu for each room on day of check-out.
All was good!

Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
I didn't have to swipe their card because I run a deposit of 1 night at the time of booking. Since we deliver breakfast, I include their invoice with the printed menu for each room on day of check-out.
All was good!
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
All was good!
So, you eat the added charges for not swiping the card? Not trying to be difficult but to understand. Even though we've been doing this for a year now, some of the credit card stuff still gets confusing.

Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
All was good!
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
All was good!
So, you eat the added charges for not swiping the card? Not trying to be difficult but to understand. Even though we've been doing this for a year now, some of the credit card stuff still gets confusing.
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Didn't swipe their card?
All was good!
To me, it's worth every penny if I have to pay a little extra for the initial deposit because I know I already have their money. They are going to show. It gives me more leverage if they are even thinking about cancelling. It also helps revenue flowing in the slow times because people start making their summer reservations in the winter.
Since I changed merchant services a few years ago, I'm saving so much money from what I used to pay I don't even think about the little extra they put on for non-swiped cards. When the guest is here, I swipe their card on day of departure. That way if they've purchased anything while their here, I can get it all with one swipe at the end.

Back