Hit The Ground Running

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
Arrived back at 3.30am Sunday morning from a weeks holiday in the Canaries, had 4 people booked in for Sunday night and 5 tonight (Monday). Don't normally take bookings so close after a holiday, but they booked before we did and that's the way it worked out with flights.
Does it take others a few days to get back into the rhythm of B&B after a break?
I'm doing stupid things like I put blueberry pancakes on the menu this morning and then when someone ordered them realised I didn't buy bleberries yesterday! I mucked up the heating timer so it didn't come on this morning (luckily it wasn't cold and there was sufficient hot water)! I've realised that I've run out of porridge oats so I'll have to print a special menu without that on it for tomorrow.
I'll be ok by wednesday.

Poor you! You'll soon get back in the swing of things. YOu still have "vacation brain"!!
Riki

I try not to schedule an extra day on either side. Of course, I say that, but we are leaving on Friday and have guests leaving on Friday as well. I don't have a thing packed, yet. I'm going to be a mess on Friday when we leave for the airport.

Even if we just go for a couple of days we don't have guests in the first day we're home (like you said, you didn't plan for that to happen)
Yes, it takes a few days to get back into the rhythm of things.

Welcome to the Club! I got off the plane in Chicago June 29 about 7:30 PM Central time (having gotten up at 4 AM Germany time) and we drove until we were both stupid and got a motel at 11:00 PM. We were up and out by 7:30 AM to go see friends & family for a few hours and then on to a lovely stay at an innmate's B & B. We got home about 7:30 PM on July 1 and started emptying the rental car. July 2 we finished that & returned car, did shopping (had emptied the refrigerator for the month), and got the place guest ready with 2 rooms coming in. I would NEVER do that again - even though we needed the revenue after a month of all spend no income. It took me a couple weeks to get back in shape - well as good as I ever will anyway.
Welcome home. May your readjustment be smooth and not destroy the rest & relaxation of your holiday.

Second morning after returning, full house last night, they all came down to breakfast at the same time and all ordered something different.
Choas in the kitchen and a few curt words were exchanged, but the guests all made compliments and I don't think anyone had to wait too long for their food.
Back in the saddle.

Back