Hitting the wall

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Im just pooped ive shut out the rest of the week and i am relaxing as much as I can. Even my vaction time this year has been spent renovating so I havnt really had a break since Jan. Anyone else feel the same? I feel like the anti santa very grinch right now!

Yes, totally agree! We've had a few random days off because there were no guests, but no real vacation time. When we do end up taking off for a couple of weeks in Feb it is just to do projects like paint and put in new plumbing. I won't see a real 'getaway' vacation until March or April.
I need a real vacation.

I sympathize deeply, there are times when you push too hard on the business and forget it is supposed to be fun. At least, tell yourself that, and in our very guest-oriented business, the fun needs to be there in order to come across. The guests need the fun to show. Sometimes we make it look too easy. How many guests say "ohh, I'd love to run a B&B some day, it must be fun".

I sympathize deeply, there are times when you push too hard on the business and forget it is supposed to be fun. At least, tell yourself that, and in our very guest-oriented business, the fun needs to be there in order to come across. The guests need the fun to show. Sometimes we make it look too easy. How many guests say "ohh, I'd love to run a B&B some day, it must be fun"..
anyone who says "oh it must be easy" in my place gets a clip round the ear! plus anyone that says "oh is there much paperwork?" or "do you have to do much on the computer I am not very good at that! I work dam hard to be successful that anyone who says "oh you have it so easy here you are so busy gets a black eye!!" it does not come without a lot of hard work (as we all know) While it is a bit quieter I am sorting out all my direct marketing for all the conferences so that I am now full for 4 days to 8 days for all the big confrences till till the end of march. This does not happen all on its own.

I sympathize deeply, there are times when you push too hard on the business and forget it is supposed to be fun. At least, tell yourself that, and in our very guest-oriented business, the fun needs to be there in order to come across. The guests need the fun to show. Sometimes we make it look too easy. How many guests say "ohh, I'd love to run a B&B some day, it must be fun"..
anyone who says "oh it must be easy" in my place gets a clip round the ear! plus anyone that says "oh is there much paperwork?" or "do you have to do much on the computer I am not very good at that! I work dam hard to be successful that anyone who says "oh you have it so easy here you are so busy gets a black eye!!" it does not come without a lot of hard work (as we all know) While it is a bit quieter I am sorting out all my direct marketing for all the conferences so that I am now full for 4 days to 8 days for all the big confrences till till the end of march. This does not happen all on its own.
I should stop whinging. You seem to be straight out most of the time and I have big blocks of time in Mar & Apr with no one at all!

Back