Hmm ???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Ok, I know we all get these reservation requests, but this one really made me think...
How are you today?

We want to book for reservation,for our oncoming
honeymoon.

Date 10th to 20th October 2009,

They are 2 couples.

1. Kindly get back to me with your total cost for 2
couples for the duration of 10 night stay.
2. Mode of payment credit card only.

Arrival Date: October 10th
Departure Date: October 20th
Number Of People: 4

Either they are a wiered couple or are they bringing parents in law along with them ???
Also they are saying "OUR" honymoon first, then in a third person, "they are 2 couples...."
besides, honestly, who in their right mind wants to spend a 10 day honymoon in our town???

Scam indeed. An oldie but goodie. I remember the first time I got one. Things that make you go.."what the ____?"
Sometimes when I am bored I will reply and string them on for a couple of days.

It's the 10 day scenario that they can't seem to let go of. All the other particulars change but the 10 days. If you can look at the properties of your email, you can see if this was sent to "undisclosed recipients" or if the email address they want you to reply to is even the one the email was sent from.

This is an e-mail scam that comes around almost every week. Sometimes it is 5 couples that want to stay at my inn for their honeymoon. Interesting since I have 3 rooms. NEVER reply - ALWAYS hit DELETE.
Edited to add that to reply confirms a LIVE e-mail address and usually results in tons of more of the same.

Yup, this one and many others like it have so many obvious flaws, typos, and inconsistencies in them you'd think the scammers woulod have given up on it by now.
The "Good Bishop" ones always get my ire up. The good bishop is sedning part of his flock to a "conference" in our area, but it never says what church its affilaited with, etc.
With all the other spam you get, these ones are a no-brainer. DELETE.

This is an e-mail scam that comes around almost every week. Sometimes it is 5 couples that want to stay at my inn for their honeymoon. Interesting since I have 3 rooms. NEVER reply - ALWAYS hit DELETE.
Edited to add that to reply confirms a LIVE e-mail address and usually results in tons of more of the same..
gillumhouse said:
Edited to add that to reply confirms a LIVE e-mail address and usually results in tons of more of the same.
I do know it is spam and always delete them.
But...trough my webervations I hav eit set up that after any inquiry there is an automated mail send back that we received he request and will get back to them. Bummer.

Edited to add that to reply confirms a LIVE e-mail address and usually results in tons of more of the same..
gillumhouse said:
But...trough my webervations I hav eit set up that after any inquiry there is an automated mail send back that we received he request and will get back to them. Bummer.
Ahhh, they are ginning it up to be going through our webervations. DANG!

gillumhouse said:
Mooseberry Inn said:
gillumhouse said:
They've put through a request?? Do you have webervations set so they have to enter in their valid credit card? I have it set up that way and have never had a scam come through webervations.

DELETE and do not reply back. You will just get more of the same if you do. I thought most folks has wised up to these kind of "inquiries" by now:-(

It's the 10 day scenario that they can't seem to let go of. All the other particulars change but the 10 days. If you can look at the properties of your email, you can see if this was sent to "undisclosed recipients" or if the email address they want you to reply to is even the one the email was sent from..
Heaven forbid they should wise up. It'd be a lot more challenging if they only asked for two rooms for two nights. I just might fall for it.
Of course, if it is a group of Greek priests coming to my small WV town for a conference -- that's always a dead give-away.

Back