Hobbit Journals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone get any of those Hobbit Journals? I am thinking of ordering them for grandkids and wondered if they are nice.

I bought a couple of them. They are well made, covered with moleskin and have a map of middle earth and a nice gold dragon on the cover. They have an elastic strap that holds them closed when not in use.
They are small, about the size of the palm of your hand, with 192 pages. So I guess they're Hobbit-sized!
I got the un-ruled ones so people don't have to worry about writing on the lines. The ruled ones have a different image on the cover.

i did! i got the little bitty one which i gave away as a gift because the size had meaning. it was like i remember the 'little black books' being ... palm sized as ark says
and a bit larger one, like a 5x7 that i kept for myself (greedy) i didn't remember ordering both sizes
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
.... losing it already.
anyway, they are both very nice with moleskine covers and contain a wilderland map inside. if you shop around, you can find good prices. ruled or unruled.

When I searched for them last night, most places I found said "out of stock" or "on order" and a couple of places that DID have them, priced them at over $50! They must be in great demand. I think I paid about $15 each for mine.

Back