Hold the room for a year...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
...and the week before the cancel policy kicks in they cancel. Oh, that boils me.

That happened to us too for graduation. They have multiple reservations and then make up their minds at the last minute. We had this happen and you know what? We didnt' put it back out as available. We took the weekend off and just drove wine tours. They are not B&B people anyway.
RIki

Had to be a wedding or graduation.
pita.gif

We have regulars who come EVERY year for 4th of July. This year I made everyone book online once they got home and leave a deposit...no more "holding" anything for anyone.
That stinks Ike, here's hoping you rebook AND charge a cancellation fee.

We have regulars who come EVERY year for 4th of July. This year I made everyone book online once they got home and leave a deposit...no more "holding" anything for anyone.
That stinks Ike, here's hoping you rebook AND charge a cancellation fee..
They had their reservation, it wasn't a 'hold' in that sense. And the cancellation charge is the issue. Their last day to cancel without penalty is Friday. So, here I am 10 days from the start of their stay with an empty rooms when I've been full for that weekend for months.

Back