Holiday menu

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
The holidays are here! Anyone have a special menu?
For Halloween, I may make chocolate chip pancakes. And pumpkin muffins, of course.
For Thanksgiving, I was thinking of trying cornbread waffles. Have you ever done that? We always serve apple pie for Thanksgiving, too.
I love a theme party!!!

We are in apple country, so I always had hot apple soup. Baked apples are also good. Pears are local and fall-ish - baked bears with brown sugar glaze. Apple cranberry compote. I love a theme, too. I am cooking for a local B&B on Sunday and Monday, so I am looking for some Halloween inspiration now.

We are in apple country, so I always had hot apple soup. Baked apples are also good. Pears are local and fall-ish - baked bears with brown sugar glaze. Apple cranberry compote. I love a theme, too. I am cooking for a local B&B on Sunday and Monday, so I am looking for some Halloween inspiration now..
I just ordered pumpkin pancake mix on line. I picked some up last year in the market and it was a huge hit. The market isn't stocking it this year, but I found some!
Halloween - pumpkin and chocolate are my inspirations. I also have holiday cookie cutters and will cut fruit in the shape of a jackolantern.
Have you ever made apple waffles? A friend suggested I put thinly slice apples on the waffle iron with batter. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good. I'd probably add cinnamon.
We have a couple hurricane lamps in our living room. In the summer, I use sea glass as the 'sand' around the candles. In October, I use candy corn. Around Christmas, I have some red rocks I bought long ago.

We are in apple country, so I always had hot apple soup. Baked apples are also good. Pears are local and fall-ish - baked bears with brown sugar glaze. Apple cranberry compote. I love a theme, too. I am cooking for a local B&B on Sunday and Monday, so I am looking for some Halloween inspiration now..
HOT APPLE SOUP?! Never heard of this ... please share the recipe!
I am in kiddie land mode so we are making worms for Halloween. So gross!! If I can stand it.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bowl-of-Worms-Anyone/ There are lots of videos on how to do this, but this one is awesome.

I am in kiddie land mode so we are making worms for Halloween. So gross!! If I can stand it.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bowl-of-Worms-Anyone/ There are lots of videos on how to do this, but this one is awesome.
I used to make witches finger cookies for halloween. Of course there is always that famous kitty litter kit, but it's hard to get tootsie rolls here.

seashanty said:
Right here on Innspiring: Farmstand Apple Soup

How did I miss this? So nice to see sweet Tipsy's words on the page.

Back