Home Sweet Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trim is cream and the gable is light blue. It needs paint and we may change it a bit when we do paint it. We are in a historic district and will have to get official okey-dokey first.
ND is colder....

Tomorrow night we are attending the economic council fund raiser so we can meet our new (hopefully) business neighbors and we are going to let them know who we are, so although not officially public, here is a pic of the front
regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
OMG! That place was on my "short list"! (I've entered into the information-gathering, due-diligence phase on another property, though.)
Beautiful property, and definitely something to be excited about.

Tomorrow night we are attending the economic council fund raiser so we can meet our new (hopefully) business neighbors and we are going to let them know who we are, so although not officially public, here is a pic of the front
regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
OMG! That place was on my "short list"! (I've entered into the information-gathering, due-diligence phase on another property, though.)
That's funny ... small World.
wink_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
It's a great property, and thanks to all for the compliments
regular_smile.gif

IronGate, are you still looking in CO?
r

How exciting for you both. Sounds like you have the passion. That is what good innkeepers have. We all have it here.
You will learn so much here. Seems like anything I need to know I find here. If I don't see it I just ask and we have a good mix to help.

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
It depends on what happens with the property I am looking at now, which is "back east". Being in CO, especially the area where you are, makes tremendous sense since my rooms will all be inspired by my great-grandparents, all of whom lived near where you are setting up shop.

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
It depends on what happens with the property I am looking at now, which is "back east". Being in CO, especially the area where you are, makes tremendous sense since my rooms will all be inspired by my great-grandparents, all of whom lived near where you are setting up shop.
Wow, do I know you? My great-grandparents homesteaded about 70 miles to the east on the plains! I have a bunch of stuff from the family farm that will be used to decorate if we can make this happen! I have lived in site of Pikes Peak my whole life! DW has a bunch of her family heirlooms from MI we will use as well.
I think it's safe to say that this is the Avenue Inn, Manitou Springs, Colorado. Man it feels good to come out and say that. We have been lurking in Manitou for weeks, eating at all the restaurants, going in all the shops, they had an art walk last weekend we checked out but we could never say who we were! DW bought a new evening dress and shoes today for the big economic council Taste of Manitou fund raiser tomorrow night where we get to announce who we are. This is exciting! There is a showing of our house tomorrow morning - please buy!!!
r

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
Wow, do I know you? My great-grandparents homesteaded about 70 miles to the east on the plains! I have a bunch of stuff from the family farm that will be used to decorate if we can make this happen! I have lived in site of Pikes Peak my whole life! DW has a bunch of her family heirlooms from MI we will use as well.
I think it's safe to say that this is the Avenue Inn, Manitou Springs, Colorado. Man it feels good to come out and say that. We have been lurking in Manitou for weeks, eating at all the restaurants, going in all the shops, they had an art walk last weekend we checked out but we could never say who we were! DW bought a new evening dress and shoes today for the big economic council Taste of Manitou fund raiser tomorrow night where we get to announce who we are. This is exciting! There is a showing of our house tomorrow morning - please buy!!!
r
rrh said:
r
Good Vibes are coming from me for the sale of your house!!!
teeth_smile.gif
Is your house in the same town as the B&B?

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
Two of my great-grandparents homesteaded and farmed near Calhan. They retired and moved to the Springs after all their children had gone off on their own adventures. Their "city" house is now a store of some kind. The other ancestors made their way to the Springs from Indiana and South Carolina -- some for the adventure of the "wild west" and some because of the health benefits.

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
rrh said:
r
Good Vibes are coming from me for the sale of your house!!!
teeth_smile.gif
Is your house in the same town as the B&B?
Thanks for the vibes
regular_smile.gif
Our house is only about 15 minutes from the B&B. It's very convienent for this whole process. The dw has been able to go up and "work" on slow days to get a feel for the operation and has helped out on the weekends when the owner asked for help. So far everything has fallen into place nicely, we just need that buyer fro our place
confused_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
Two of my great-grandparents homesteaded and farmed near Calhan. They retired and moved to the Springs after all their children had gone off on their own adventures. Their "city" house is now a store of some kind. The other ancestors made their way to the Springs from Indiana and South Carolina -- some for the adventure of the "wild west" and some because of the health benefits.
Our homestead was 30 miles south of Yoder, 17 miles north of Boone. Pueblo was closer than the Springs so they drifted that way while I was drawn to the Springs. Our families came from Kentucky ( farmers) and St Louis, MO (street car conductor). Guess who fared better in the "wilderness".....I have a couple of awesome conductor's watches
teeth_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
We looked at a place to buy in Cascade about 7 years ago maybe. That is a beautiful area that you will be in. Best of luck and welcome!
welcome.gif
We lived in Denver for 8 years. In fact, our son is a native Coloradoan
regular_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
We looked at a place to buy in Cascade about 7 years ago maybe. That is a beautiful area that you will be in. Best of luck and welcome!
welcome.gif
regular_smile.gif

We were initailly looking at the Outlook in Green Mountain Falls, just up the road from Cascade. DW worked in the place a lot last winter hanging a ton of fancy wallpaper in there as part of a huge restoration project. The realtor we were working with asks us why we would want to buy her work when she had another one that needed her love and attention and could turn out as wonderful as the Outlook did. Well, we had to agree! Here are some pics of her work at the Outlook.
outlook%20bath.jpg
Outlook%20ceiling.jpg
outlook%20fireplace.jpg
outlook%20registration.jpg

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
welcome.gif
regular_smile.gif

We were initailly looking at the Outlook in Green Mountain Falls, just up the road from Cascade. DW worked in the place a lot last winter hanging a ton of fancy wallpaper in there as part of a huge restoration project. The realtor we were working with asks us why we would want to buy her work when she had another one that needed her love and attention and could turn out as wonderful as the Outlook did. Well, we had to agree! Here are some pics of her work at the Outlook.
outlook%20bath.jpg
Outlook%20ceiling.jpg
outlook%20fireplace.jpg

Wow!
That's gorgeous!
(And a million times better than my one and only wallpaper job...)
=)
Kk.

regular_smile.gif

front%202.1.jpg
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
rrh said:
IronGate said:
regular_smile.gif

r
r
welcome.gif
regular_smile.gif

outlook%20bath.jpg
Outlook%20ceiling.jpg
outlook%20fireplace.jpg

Impressive. We actually looked at that place too...it did not look anything like that when we looked at it.

How exciting for you both. Sounds like you have the passion. That is what good innkeepers have. We all have it here.
You will learn so much here. Seems like anything I need to know I find here. If I don't see it I just ask and we have a good mix to help..
We had a showing on our house today. This is the first week since we put it on the market that we haven't had at least 3 showings. Folks who looked last week have standing instructions to "let them know" if another looker signs a contract so they can too.......is that like a virtual contract or just a wussey contract
rolleyes.gif
That right couple is going to come along any day now!

Back