Home Sweet Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COOL BANANAS!.
We have a contract on our house! We should be inn keepers before the end of the year. Let the reinvention begin. We are scared to death but really looking forward to it
confused_smile.gif

The support and encouragement we are getting from our neighboring inn keepers, the business community and our friends and familys is awesome.

COOL BANANAS!.
We have a contract on our house! We should be inn keepers before the end of the year. Let the reinvention begin. We are scared to death but really looking forward to it
confused_smile.gif

The support and encouragement we are getting from our neighboring inn keepers, the business community and our friends and familys is awesome.
Yay! Congratulations!!!

COOL BANANAS!.
confused_smile.gif

Hey that's great...a new chapter begins.
regular_smile.gif

COOL BANANAS!.
confused_smile.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!
cheers.gif
That's no small feat in this housing economy!

COOL BANANAS!.
confused_smile.gif

rrh said:
confused_smile.gif

Yippee!

COOL BANANAS!.
confused_smile.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!
cheers.gif
That's no small feat in this housing economy!
Actually buying a house is no problem. Getting the mortgage is no problem - IF you have a down payment and a an income to support the mortgage. What is difficult is selling a house and getting your price because it is a buyers market again. The eceonomy being down did not become a reality until people started believing the hype. I heard an economist on the radio this morning saying that the economy was up - just a bit but up yet all the newscasts today were negative this and begative that.
A local car dealer was running ads this week that he had 10 Million dollars available for loans this week.

Congrats on the sale. May everything finalize smoothly for you.

Thanks everyone
regular_smile.gif
Looks like closing on Dec 19th.
A real surprise on the sale. We invited the B&B owner over to look at our house and after a couple of visits......he decides to buy it! It's a beautiful arrangement that will make it so much easier for all of us to get our stuff all relocated. We have a ton of accumulations. We rented a one car size storage unit when we put our house on the market to store our "excess" furniture and stuff in to make the place look bigger. It will be fun to place it our 21 rooms
shades_smile.gif

Thanks everyone
regular_smile.gif
A real surprise on the sale. We invited the B&B owner over to look at our house and after a couple of visits......he decides to buy it! It's a beautiful arrangement that will make it so much easier for all of us to get our stuff all relocated. We have a ton of accumulations. We rented a one car size storage unit when we put our house on the market to store our "excess" furniture and stuff in to make the place look bigger. It will be fun to place it our 21 rooms
shades_smile.gif
rrh said:
Thanks everyone
regular_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif
Wait a minute...you're essentially 'swapping' homes? That's neat!

Thanks everyone
regular_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif
I knew a former innkeeper that did the same thing in Florida! She bought the inn & they bought her house on the beach. Maybe those innkeepers got the better deal? haha!
Best of luck! I hope all goes well with the closings!

rrh said:
... incogneto mangling with the guests to see how things work.
Yup, you're an innkeeper...mangling the guests already!

I think we are all ready to close on the 19th. Our first day of official operation will be 1/1/09 which is also our 10 year (married) anniversary (9 years of sin before that
embaressed_smile.gif
).
We have stayed there a few nights now, incogneto mangling with the guests to see how things work. Sunday morning we go up bright and early to help get the Red Hats fed and gone and get spiffed up and ready for the Holiday Tour that starts at 2:00. The adrenalin is starting to flow like when I was doing competitve sports.......I like adrenalin....

So today was the first day I "worked" at the B&B. DW has spent quite a bit of time learning the ropes but first time for me. My first task was to empty trashes. The second one had this hideous granny panty liner stuck in there that made me want to run and hide, but I survived. Stripped and made beds, vacumed. Does John Deere make a riding vacume?
When people started showing up for the tour the fun began
regular_smile.gif
This is a cool business. We are loving it. Whoohoo

So today was the first day I "worked" at the B&B. DW has spent quite a bit of time learning the ropes but first time for me. My first task was to empty trashes. The second one had this hideous granny panty liner stuck in there that made me want to run and hide, but I survived. Stripped and made beds, vacumed. Does John Deere make a riding vacume?
regular_smile.gif
This is a cool business. We are loving it. Whoohoo.
rrh said:
My first task was to empty trashes. The second one had this hideous granny panty liner stuck in there that made me want to run and hide, but I survived.
Gloves, gloves, gloves. They give you courage to touch the ickies. LOL

regular_smile.gif
This is a cool business. We are loving it. Whoohoo.
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
This is a cool business. We are loving it. Whoohoo
Are the trash cans lined? If not, they should be otherwise you'd better be rinsing them out each time you clean. And, yes, gloves go a long well toward quelling the ickies.
Take my word for it, you will find a lot worse in the trash than that. Not everyone was brought up properly...

The cans are lined so it was an easy disposal - just an eye opener to reality....

The cans are lined so it was an easy disposal - just an eye opener to reality.....
rrh said:
The cans are lined so it was an easy disposal - just an eye opener to reality....
Wait til you see what gets left in the beds...
See, I have not have any of that kind of thing yet. I guess my turn is coming. haha!

Back