Homemade Yogurt

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Greek Yogurt for parfaits because of the thickness. I just bought some at Costco (first I've seen it there) and mix in lemon curd for sweetness and flavor. It's fat free yogurt, but not when I'm done with it! After the lemon curd, I'll add a bit of whipped cream. I always try to have my cream whipper ready to go. Layer it with fruits & berries & crumbled ginger snap cookies.

I like the Greek Yogurt for parfaits because of the thickness. I just bought some at Costco (first I've seen it there) and mix in lemon curd for sweetness and flavor. It's fat free yogurt, but not when I'm done with it! After the lemon curd, I'll add a bit of whipped cream. I always try to have my cream whipper ready to go. Layer it with fruits & berries & crumbled ginger snap cookies..
My sister just made us a gift of homemade lemon curd...WOW!!!

I like the Greek Yogurt for parfaits because of the thickness. I just bought some at Costco (first I've seen it there) and mix in lemon curd for sweetness and flavor. It's fat free yogurt, but not when I'm done with it! After the lemon curd, I'll add a bit of whipped cream. I always try to have my cream whipper ready to go. Layer it with fruits & berries & crumbled ginger snap cookies..
Don Draper said:
How lovely!! I also melt it a little in the microwave and pour it over cheesecake or ice cream with our dinners we now serve. Makes a great quick sauce.

Don Draper said:
How lovely!! I also melt it a little in the microwave and pour it over cheesecake or ice cream with our dinners we now serve. Makes a great quick sauce.
We spooned it cold over Pepperidge Farm Chessmen shortbread cookies...unbelievable! DH does not even really like lemon and he was still crazy over this...

Don Draper said:
We spooned it cold over Pepperidge Farm Chessmen shortbread cookies...unbelievable! DH does not even really like lemon and he was still crazy over this...
Its so good I could eat the dang stuff right from the jar!
I get mine at Trader Joes. It's really good and it's inexpensive. If you go into a gourmet shop they jack up the price!

Don Draper said:
I get mine at Trader Joes. It's really good and it's inexpensive. If you go into a gourmet shop they jack up the price!
Breakfast Diva said:
Lemon curd? At TJ's? It IS expensive everywhere else. It's great with blueberries in a french toast.

Don Draper said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Lemon curd? At TJ's? It IS expensive everywhere else. It's great with blueberries in a french toast.
Alibi Ike said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Yup...lemon curd at TJs! It's only about $3.00 a jar.
Yummm! Blueberry Lemon Curd French Toast! Sounds like breakfast tomorrow!

Greek Yog is at walmart, at sams, at food lion, at kroger, it is in every grocery store. The thing I DO personally is use a dash of greek and then yoplait. Unless someone loves yoghurt, the greek may be too much for them. They are always surprised to find they really like it! I avoid the honey versions as they are thinner.
TIP: If you ever end up with the last of the smooshy blueberries that you cannot serve to guests, make them into a topping for the yoghurt. Heat on stove with a dash of sugar and smash them around until liquidy. Let it cool before serving (on yoghurt), warm for other things - pancakes etc..
making a compote......any fruit
Try tsp of honey :)

I serve vanilla uogurt on the side with my baked oatmeal or my bread puddings. I tell guests I like whichever is the entree of the day "slathered" with the yogurt. Many of my guests use it on their fruit also.

Back