Homes for sale that are not inns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is as irritating as all heck, homes listed on B&B for sale websites that are not B&B's. Just thought I would growl a moment here, for some odd reason our state has discovered this for sale website and is posting large homes on it.
Anyway, this is a great listing site if anyone wants to buy an inspected and licensed established B&B! :)

We were shown I don't know how many 'potential' B&B buildings by a broker until we fired her. It;s annoying when you're looking and you get all excited by the photos and then you see 'potential' in the description.

As someone who just put a B&B back together and the expense. I cannot imagine how outrageous it is to convert a house.

In our area the trend is to take B+Bs and convert them to private homes! Finding large properties in great locations is becoming more and more difficult around here so many inns are bought as second homes.

I dread the thought of my B & B - after all the work and expense put into it to create a B & B - and the time and effort spent in building it into a great place to stay with a GOOD reputation going back to being just a residence. My City NEEDS a B & B and I sincerely hope I can find another B & B person when the time comes.

Don't pay for potential! If you want $$$ prove it!

In our area the trend is to take B+Bs and convert them to private homes! Finding large properties in great locations is becoming more and more difficult around here so many inns are bought as second homes..
We have a problem with this - and also with them being made into flats - the problem is property here is expensive and people just can't affort to buy BB's, don't have the depost and we are seen as high risk and so can't get mortgages easily. People wanting to retire want to sell as a BB but some have been on the market 3 years.
One of the larger ones (and its a stunning bb) was originally 2 houses (in a terrace) with a bb next door (1 house) they bought next door and became one larger BB - then couldn't sell when time came - just too big - had to split off the end house to have a chance - at least they have that sold now - but its a house and bedrooms we vitally need for the town lost.

I dread the thought of my B & B - after all the work and expense put into it to create a B & B - and the time and effort spent in building it into a great place to stay with a GOOD reputation going back to being just a residence. My City NEEDS a B & B and I sincerely hope I can find another B & B person when the time comes..
25 years ago we bought this 150 yr. old house, renovated/restored and added a new addition for our living space while turning the antique wing of the house into a 2-suite B+B. With the addition of a cottage to the property we have a successful "2-suites and a cottage" B+B that also functions perfectly as a family home. This past weekend we hosted our family (11 additional people including 5 little girls under the age of 4! Whew!!) with room for all of them. Although we hope to live out the rest of our days here, if we do decide to sell we will sell to anyone with the $$$ to buy it as a home or as a B+B. It will have served us well while we lived and worked here and that is all one can ask IMHO.

In our area the trend is to take B+Bs and convert them to private homes! Finding large properties in great locations is becoming more and more difficult around here so many inns are bought as second homes..
We have a problem with this - and also with them being made into flats - the problem is property here is expensive and people just can't affort to buy BB's, don't have the depost and we are seen as high risk and so can't get mortgages easily. People wanting to retire want to sell as a BB but some have been on the market 3 years.
One of the larger ones (and its a stunning bb) was originally 2 houses (in a terrace) with a bb next door (1 house) they bought next door and became one larger BB - then couldn't sell when time came - just too big - had to split off the end house to have a chance - at least they have that sold now - but its a house and bedrooms we vitally need for the town lost.
then couldn't sell when time came - just too big - had to split off the end house to have a chance - at least they have that sold now - but its a house and bedrooms we vitally need for the town lost.
That is exactly what I am talking about re hoping my inn does not go back to being a residence. My City NEEDS a B & B. People do not realize what a difference having even 3 guestrooms makes to the economy of the City. The City Administration does recognize the importance. I will be dead and gone - big whoop - but I hope to have this sold as a B & B first for the sake of the community. I think getting our Community Center built will help with selling it when the time comes. It will be catty-corner across the parking lot from my house - about 1 block in distance.

Back