Hooboy! I did it again!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
It was in the bathroom actually but.... I broke my roaster! I am having to exist on grocery store coffee beans!
It was well past time to clean the coffee roaster but I do not like to do amonia/water mix inside and it was soooo freaking cold out! We finally had a reasonable day Monday so it took the components out on the deack and cleaned them. DH was at the sink when I came back in (fixing veggies for his steamer) so I took everything into our bathroom to rinse them off before taking them to the sink for washing in soapy water. I set the glass roasting chamber down in the bottom of the tub and as I released it - crash! tha darn thing fell over and what else - broke! After cleaning up the glass chunks and hosingthe rest down the drain, I went to the phone and asked, "Can I buy a new roasting chamber? I just broke it.."
The nice young lady chuckled (yes, I did have a few choice comments about my brain capacity) and said yes. So for less than $50 I am now awaiting a delivery from UPS. And, as the last time my roaster was out of commission (for those who do not know, I "roasted" my first roaster when a bean got stuck and jammed the auger - caught it before it did more than smoke the heck out of the house) - I had guests and could not offer anything more than (shudder) store-shelf coffee. The planets were aligned properly - all were tea people!

Thats like our belgian waffle maker croaking! Have not bought one yet-missing waffles!

Under the counter (backup / extra coffee for full house) broke here, of course flooded all over the kitchen floor
Funnily enough I had a spare one because 2 years back I had to buy an extra under-the-counter coffee maker because I could not find the replacement pot at the time and I have no counter space, I almost threw out the new one a year ago after I broke the pot again but managed to fid a replacement pot (almost the same as buying an entire new unit since of course its not "standard"

Under the counter (backup / extra coffee for full house) broke here, of course flooded all over the kitchen floor
Funnily enough I had a spare one because 2 years back I had to buy an extra under-the-counter coffee maker because I could not find the replacement pot at the time and I have no counter space, I almost threw out the new one a year ago after I broke the pot again but managed to fid a replacement pot (almost the same as buying an entire new unit since of course its not "standard".
I had 5 coffee pots (perks) - down to 4 now because I gave one to a family that had lost everything in a fire. Will get another at the thrift store eventually. This is the chamber I put the green coffee beans into to roast them. My first thought was teh relief that at least I did not have any guests booked in to not get the fresh coffee beans this time (last time I did). THEN I got a full house! All were tea thank goodness.

Roasting coffee at your house?!!! WOW! I'm sure the aroma is just heavenly...oh, wait....I think I can smell it from here!
teeth_smile.gif

Roasting coffee at your house?!!! WOW! I'm sure the aroma is just heavenly...oh, wait....I think I can smell it from here!
teeth_smile.gif
I have 3 countries of decafe in-house and 17 countries plus 2 from Hawaii in regular that the guests choose from. The aroma of roasting coffee is a bit of slightly burnt toast - not unpleasant, but not the coffee aroma one would think. DH loves the smell of it though.
New chanber arrived today Yeehaa!! It is in the dish pan right now. I can do a roast tonight.

Back