Hostess Oversleeps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainforest

Reaction score
Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I slept through my alarm and my guests left without coffee and lunches for the charter fishing trip. I feel awful. I did manage to catch them on the phone before they got to the marina and offered to drive down their lunches before boarding, but they said not to worry about it. I feel awful. How should I make it up to them...my first thought is to give them a good discount on the room price...any other creative ideas? They will be staying one more night.

A bit of a discount would be fine but don't go overboard. It was just coffee and a lunch. So what price is your lunch? Deduct that.

If they paid for the lunch, reimburse that. If it is something you offer 'out of the goodness of your heart' then replace it with something for when they get back from the boat. Cheese tray or something?
Try not to be hard on yourself. You're human!

I agree with the something special when they get back. THEY realize you are human and crap happens. At most IF you discount, 10%.

This has always been one of my greatest fears! So much so that I start waking up about 4 am dozing off and on and eventually get up about half hour before my alarm... :(

This has always been one of my greatest fears! So much so that I start waking up about 4 am dozing off and on and eventually get up about half hour before my alarm... :(

If they paid for the lunch, reimburse that. If it is something you offer 'out of the goodness of your heart' then replace it with something for when they get back from the boat. Cheese tray or something?
Try not to be hard on yourself. You're human!.
Madeleine said:
Try not to be hard on yourself. You're human!
Ditto!

This has always been one of my greatest fears! So much so that I start waking up about 4 am dozing off and on and eventually get up about half hour before my alarm... :(.
Me too. Especially if I was up late with an early alarm setting.

This has always been one of my greatest fears! So much so that I start waking up about 4 am dozing off and on and eventually get up about half hour before my alarm... :(.
Sunshine said:
Been there, done that so many times. My phone alarm clock has never failed to work properly, but I have never trusted it and am always already up before it goes off at the proper time.

I know how you feel. We had a couple in a few years ago who asked for an early breakfast because they had to get a flight....... I completely forgot to reset my alarm, the first I knew of it was the noise of them coming down for breakfast.
I still cringe thinking about it now, but they were very nice about it. They just wanted scrambled eggs and bacon so that was quick to do while I put juices, milk and other items out.
embaressed_smile.gif

DW accidentally set the alarm for 7 p.m. last night. Fortunately, I woke up at 7:20 this morning, we scrambled and breakfast was done on time.

Back