HOT perspective

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
read somewhere,
"I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least:
1.) it isn't 109 degrees;
2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home;
3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and
4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today!
Thanks to all who serve."

Amen - I'll quit complaining and mention the above to anyone who does - we all need to be reminded of this every day!

heart.gif

sorry if this came across as a scold of some kind.
was just a piece i saw and it moved me.

Great post and a good reminder of how fortunate we are. I was sad to see only 39 had signed up for B &Bs for Vets so far. We need to stir things up again.

Great post and a good reminder of how fortunate we are. I was sad to see only 39 had signed up for B &Bs for Vets so far. We need to stir things up again..
gillumhouse said:
Great post and a good reminder of how fortunate we are. I was sad to see only 39 had signed up for B &Bs for Vets so far. We need to stir things up again.
I'm not sure anyone knows about it. Even tho it has been discussed on PAII, there's no push like there was last year. Maybe when it gets closer. I don't think it really took off last year until Sept. I've sent an email to my group and I think a couple are signing up.
I've basically been telling our guests who are vets that they get first dibs. None of them were here last year and said they wished they had known far enough in advance to plan. Now they do.

Great post and a good reminder of how fortunate we are. I was sad to see only 39 had signed up for B &Bs for Vets so far. We need to stir things up again..
gillumhouse said:
I'm not sure anyone knows about it. Even tho it has been discussed on PAII, there's no push like there was last year. Maybe when it gets closer. I don't think it really took off last year until Sept. I've sent an email to my group and I think a couple are signing up.
I've basically been telling our guests who are vets that they get first dibs. None of them were here last year and said they wished they had known far enough in advance to plan. Now they do.
Alibi Ike said:
gillumhouse said:
It took off Sept 26 when the AP reporter hit the send key. I had been beating the bushes to get inns to participate since Feb. then when Muirford put up the web site so they could actually see what I was trying to do, inns started signing on. Guess it will take another ton of e-mails. Has to wait until after Aug 4 because I am honked up until then.

Salary of the US President. ..$400,000.
Salary of retired US Presidents ...$180,000.
Salary of House/Senate...$174, 000.
Salary of Speaker of the House...$223,500...
Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders... $193,400...
Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN IRAQ $38,000...
I think we have found where the cuts should be made!

Salary of the US President. ..$400,000.
Salary of retired US Presidents ...$180,000.
Salary of House/Senate...$174, 000.
Salary of Speaker of the House...$223,500...
Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders... $193,400...
Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN IRAQ $38,000...
I think we have found where the cuts should be made!.
We have all agreed to keep this a "politics free" zone please
cheers.gif

BUT...my Marine Corps brother in law just emailed from Afghanistan...it's 115 degrees in the shade, but absolutely NO bugs...he said that should let you know something about where you are, if even BUGS don't think it's worth showing up!!!

seashanty said:
read somewhere,
"I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least:
1.) it isn't 109 degrees;
2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home;
3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and
4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today!

With the exception of #2, that sounds like a normal day around here.
smiley-char092.gif

Back