Hotel Bonanza

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cat_lady

Reaction score
This post is for those who use OTAs. I know not everyone agrees with them but at this stage of the game, they still help me fill rooms.
Just got an email from a new OTA (at least to me) from Hotel Bonanza. Offering 8% commission and reportedly nothing more. Ever. Looks like a UK site. Looks a little more pared down than the others and since I'm from Canada, not sure how much it could help me out. 8% looks good--better than the 15 I pay the others. Customer gets 5% off room rate and it's paid by them.
Any thoughts? Anyone signed up with them?

weve looked into them - tried signing up but the signing up process was pretty long winded - havn't actually managed to get through the sign up process but it is on Bedposts forum so will see what they others say also looking at stayintown which is supported by Yvonne Halling the b&B coach and beds24 booking system.

Good morning all.
Hotel B also contacted us here in the great white north. I had direct contact with the co-owner and it is an up and coming OTA. My hope is that all on OTA's will sign up with them and back off of the b$$king and X***pia sites. Perhaps this will cause a commission war. YEAH!
Hotel B is also giving 3% back to loyal bookers, taking it out of the 8% they charge the accommodation.
I am fully signed up and just waiting for them to get up and running. If you try to find any of their accommodations or listings, they will not be up and running until early '17.

Good morning all.
Hotel B also contacted us here in the great white north. I had direct contact with the co-owner and it is an up and coming OTA. My hope is that all on OTA's will sign up with them and back off of the b$$king and X***pia sites. Perhaps this will cause a commission war. YEAH!
Hotel B is also giving 3% back to loyal bookers, taking it out of the 8% they charge the accommodation.
I am fully signed up and just waiting for them to get up and running. If you try to find any of their accommodations or listings, they will not be up and running until early '17..
I'll have to have a good look at them then. Thanks.

I also found the sign up very long winded. Almost complete, but a super I've heard nothing about them going live yet haven't done the last 5%

Good morning all.
I am fully signed up and just waiting for them to get up and running. If you try to find any of their accommodations or listings, they will not be up and running until early '17..
Received a blog link from them today and I am not sure where they are going with the 8%. The blog seemed to imply that the accommodation rates would be lower so that the consumer got a better deal, making the income same for me.
I wrote the co-owner again, challenging her on this and giving the obvious numbers to her.
Presently with Ex and B**king:
$100 at 15% = $85.
With Bonanza:
$90 at 8% = $82.50
$95 at 8% = $87.40
$100 at 8% = $92.00
I asked her to clarify for me the way they were going with this. Lower accommodation rates to benefit the consumer, which will draw the guest into the site; or the expectation that accommodation rates will stay the same and we will benefit as accommodation owners.
Will let you know
D

Good morning all.
Received a blog link from them today and I am not sure where they are going with the 8%. The blog seemed to imply that the accommodation rates would be lower so that the consumer got a better deal, making the income same for me.
I wrote the co-owner again, challenging her on this and giving the obvious numbers to her.
$100 at 15% = $85.
With Bonanza:
$90 at 8% = $82.50
$95 at 8% = $87.40
$100 at 8% = $92.00
I asked her to clarify for me the way they were going with this. Lower accommodation rates to benefit the consumer, which will draw the guest into the site; or the expectation that accommodation rates will stay the same and we will benefit as accommodation owners.
Will let you know
D
Hi Debbie,
It's Suzie from Hotel Bonanza here. I have already replied to your email, but I just came across this site and thought I would address your concerns here too.
We will never ask accommodation providers to drop their rates. The purpose of our new blog will be to make consumers aware of the unfair tactics the big OTAs use, and that far from driving down prices, like they say they do, they are actually driving them up, especially when their rate parity clauses mean properties find it hard to sell at cheaper rates on their own website.
However, our membership scheme offering consumers a 5% discount on every booking will address this, and this comes out of our pocket, not yours.
We have no hidden charges, and the 8% commission rate will not go up.
The idea behind the blog is to get accommodation providers to get involved and get their voices heard, and all contributions and ideas are welcome. Please get involved on Hotel Bonanza's social media pages on Facebook and Twitter too.
We will be going live in the UK towards the end of January, and will then roll out in Australia, New Zealand, the rest of Europe, US and Canada in the first few months of 2017.
If anybody has any questions, please feel free to contact me on [email protected].
Kind regards,
Suzie

Good morning all.
$100 at 15% = $85.
With Bonanza:
$90 at 8% = $82.50
$95 at 8% = $87.40
$100 at 8% = $92.00
Will let you know
D
Actually, with parity, you can't show a different rate to consumers. So if your rate shows as $100 there, it has to show as $100 everywhere. Unless it's a member's only site.

Just sounds like one more company out to take your $$$ to me. Who has heard of them. Not me...but are they mostly in Europe? I would be leary of a new start up like this and who will find you through them if they are just starting??

Good morning all.
$100 at 15% = $85.
With Bonanza:
$90 at 8% = $82.50
$95 at 8% = $87.40
$100 at 8% = $92.00
Will let you know
D
Actually, with parity, you can't show a different rate to consumers. So if your rate shows as $100 there, it has to show as $100 everywhere. Unless it's a member's only site.
Or if you belong to an association. That is what my Brits tell me.

I have heard back from Bonanza regarding commission rates. Following is their response
"Hi Debbie and Bill,
No, we are not expecting you to offer lower rates. We will be offering consumers a membership scheme that gives them 5% off every property on our site. However, this comes out of our commission, and you will not be expected to pay for it.
Yes, we are telling the consumers that they are paying too much, because they are. Many properties tell me that they are forced to raise their rates to cover the commission. However, I understand that not everybody can raise their rates, and we certainly are not expecting the properties to drop them.
Kind regards,
Suzie"

Today, I read an article about old age homes and self-cares centers on https://brookdale.house this website and they provide the self-care to old aged people. They are doing nice works.

My rule when someone calls about advertising or listing for commission is "What was your marketing budget for 2017? What will you be spending on advertising in 2018?" If the number isn't in the tens of millions, they'll fall by the wayside fairly quickly.

My rule when someone calls about advertising or listing for commission is "What was your marketing budget for 2017? What will you be spending on advertising in 2018?" If the number isn't in the tens of millions, they'll fall by the wayside fairly quickly..
they are a new start up doing quite a bit of PR in the UK and I wish them luck - 8% is better than 15% and you only pay for what you get so that's fine with me

Back