Hotel employs human bed warmers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[tr]Hotel employs human bed warmers[/td][/tr][/table]A hotel chain is employing human bed warmers to help guests get a good night's sleep.
1561027.jpg

The walking electric blankets are dressed in special all-in-one sleeper suits and are sent to warm the beds of guests staying at the Holiday Inn before they get under the covers.
Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall said the idea was "like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed".
The five minute free bed warming sessions are being tried out in London and Manchester at the end of January.
Dr Chris Idzikowski, director of the Edinburgh Sleep Centre, said the idea could help people get off to sleep.
He said: "There's plenty of scientific evidence to show that sleep starts at the beginning of the night when body temperature starts to drop.
"The decline occurs partly because the blood vessels of the hands, face and feet open up and release heat.
"A warm bed - approximately 20 to 24 degrees Celsius - is a good way to start this process whereas a cold bed would inhibit sleep.
"Holiday Inn's new bed warmers service should help people achieve a good night's sleep especially as it's taking much longer for them to warm up when they come in from the snow."

There was no link proper - just google the term it is all over the web. Hotel employs human bed warmers
Yeah I could put it under blog article ideas to share...but not everyone has a sense of humor, I would end up in hot water. :)

There was no link proper - just google the term it is all over the web. Hotel employs human bed warmers
Yeah I could put it under blog article ideas to share...but not everyone has a sense of humor, I would end up in hot water. :).
There are actually a bunch of links out there on this story.
I blogged about it last week when I first read about it in the (Irish) Independent and I have their link in my post. But there are literally oodles of links around now.
And I agree with JB that this is a good example of the kind of blog stories that innkeepers can share with each other.

And have the sheets been changed since last used???? And who has been sleeping in YOUR bed? I call this PUBLICITY. I heard this last week on the radio news.

In California you have to have your hair in a net to work in a restaurant. In that pic she does not have more than a hat on. You'd have her hair shedding in your bed....ick
RIki

And have the sheets been changed since last used???? And who has been sleeping in YOUR bed? I call this PUBLICITY. I heard this last week on the radio news..
gillumhouse said:
And have the sheets been changed since last used???? And who has been sleeping in YOUR bed? I call this PUBLICITY. I heard this last week on the radio news.
Publicity stunt is right. In one of the articles I read last week, the spokesperson was asked in an interview if the bed warmers took showers first. And she said SHE WASN'T SURE!!!
The whole thing is a big EWWWW to me.
But as a publicity stunt, it's been quite effective.

Its a publicity stunt? You mean they didn't really go in and find the bed warmers in bed with the guest? With holiday inn cozies on?
Since it is in the UK I guess Holiday Inn couldn't call it "Rent a hot blooded American" to warm your bed for you.

Back