Hotel Guests Put Wi-Fi at Top of Amenity List

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a private wifi and a public for guests. We have a password as the entire neighborhood was using our public wifi.
We had a reg s x off nder in some apartments on our street who was using ours and DH sent him a little message and we then put the password on, I could not sleep at night knowing this p erv was using our internet connection.

Having traveled extensively in Europe, I become Enraged at the prices hotels charge for internet access. And hotels in the US seem to have figured out that this is yet another profit center for them, as well. One more reason to stay in B&B's, I figure.
Wireless internet is for us an amenity, along with the hand-made soap, fluffy towels, the pool, sauna, and hot tub, and our espresso coffee bar and our death-by-breakfast. And many/most of our guests seem to expect it--sort of like flush toilets.
I can't imagine charging for Internet. Think of it from a marketing perspective: so many of our guests are close to being cyborgs, they are so connected. It's gotten to the point where we disclose on our room descriptions how good the internet access is in a particular unit. And I am planning on picking up additional wireless extenders to improve the internet access to some of our more "private" rooms.
We are a 13,000-ft ski lodge in a valley close to a world-class ski area, and we attract a younger crowd than many of our competitors. Shoot, we're thinking of giving AT&T some money so they will put up a tower near us so that i-phones will work at our place.
Charging for internet: our guests would stake us out in the parking lot.

We have PC ina public area for guests to access the Internet. I point this out to people when checking them in.
Internet users seem to fall into two discreet camps, those who are on holiday and don't want to go anywhere near the PC/Internet and those who are on it before they even open their suitcases.

We have a lot of business guests and they do need it I use if for myself so it doesn't cost me any extra and the phone company gave me two free routers so didn't even shell out for that.

We are within a few hours drive from this country's capitol. We often have "big wigs" for lack of a better word...they must stay in touch 24/7. They are never on "vacation" they must be ON 24/7.

Back