Hotel Hell interview

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're just the sort of clueless folk Gordon is looking for!
Ramsay always arrives ready to hate everything he sees and everything he eats, so he's never disappointed.
And again on this week's episode he just HAD to strip down and crawl into the tub for our entertainment. Don't know how much more of that I can take.

Tina Hough added: “They set us up. Absolutely nothing we could do could be right or we would not have any need for Gordon Ramsay to come save us. I hope people understand that a lot of what they are going to see was scripted in that sense.”
John Hough said he was also surprised by the way things unfolded during filming. He expected to be Ramsay’s “whipping boy” but the level of abuse surprised him.
JB - - Just wondering, had they never heard of this guy before? Or were they thinking they could take it for the "stipend" paid for being on the show (whatever that is $, I am sure there is one).
I won't watch this show.
I will stick to Hotel Impossible where there is constructive criticism, and respect.

Tina Hough added: “They set us up. Absolutely nothing we could do could be right or we would not have any need for Gordon Ramsay to come save us. I hope people understand that a lot of what they are going to see was scripted in that sense.”
John Hough said he was also surprised by the way things unfolded during filming. He expected to be Ramsay’s “whipping boy” but the level of abuse surprised him.
JB - - Just wondering, had they never heard of this guy before? Or were they thinking they could take it for the "stipend" paid for being on the show (whatever that is $, I am sure there is one).
I won't watch this show.
I will stick to Hotel Impossible where there is constructive criticism, and respect..
it says somewhere in it that they had never seen any of his programs before they applied - but their daughter told them to watch some of them so they would know what to expect and they only made it through abotu 1/2 of 1 episode - so basically had no clue! husband sounds like quite an idiot frankly!

Yeah, the name should have given it all away for them... before they even got a contract.

Yeah, the name should have given it all away for them... before they even got a contract..
trouble is sounds like they were absolutely desparate and grasping at anything to save them - don't feel it was wise that the husband who clearly is quite an impulsive person signed up to the show while the wife was away on holiday!

Gordon Ramsay closes out 'Hotel Hell' and 'Hell's Kitchen' with sizzling finales
[COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 119)]Examiner.com[/COLOR]
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']During Monday's finale, Ramsay visited two [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] inns that were populated with bugs, dust and filth. Gordon Ramsay talks about "Hotel Hell" on FOX. Video: Hotel Hell. At the River Rock Inn in Milford, PA, Gordon Ramsay discovered dead bugs [/FONT]...

Gordon Ramsay closes out 'Hotel Hell' and 'Hell's Kitchen' with sizzling finales
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']During Monday's finale, Ramsay visited two [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] inns that were populated with bugs, dust and filth. Gordon Ramsay talks about "Hotel Hell" on FOX. Video: Hotel Hell. At the River Rock Inn in Milford, PA, Gordon Ramsay discovered dead bugs [/FONT]....
Joey Bloggs said:
[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 204)]Gordon Ramsay closes out 'Hotel Hell' and 'Hell's Kitchen' with sizzling finales[/COLOR]
[FONT= &quot][COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 119)]Examiner.com[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT= &quot]During Monday's finale, Ramsay visited two [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= &quot] inns that were populated with bugs, dust and filth. Gordon Ramsay talks about "Hotel Hell" on FOX. Video: Hotel Hell. At the River Rock Inn in Milford, PA, Gordon Ramsay discovered dead bugs [/FONT]...
And two more scenes of him dropping his underwear and climbing into showers. He's some sort of exhibitionist who enjoys sickening his cameraman.
In one of the two episodes he took out his sleeping bag and slept on top of the beadspread. Couldn't blame him there. I'm skeptical about what all his black light was showing, though.

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']During Monday's finale, Ramsay visited two [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] inns that were populated with bugs, dust and filth. Gordon Ramsay talks about "Hotel Hell" on FOX. Video: Hotel Hell. At the River Rock Inn in Milford, PA, Gordon Ramsay discovered dead bugs [/FONT]....
Joey Bloggs said:
[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 204)]Gordon Ramsay closes out 'Hotel Hell' and 'Hell's Kitchen' with sizzling finales[/COLOR]
[FONT= &quot]During Monday's finale, Ramsay visited two [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= &quot] inns that were populated with bugs, dust and filth. Gordon Ramsay talks about "Hotel Hell" on FOX. Video: Hotel Hell. At the River Rock Inn in Milford, PA, Gordon Ramsay discovered dead bugs [/FONT]...
And two more scenes of him dropping his underwear and climbing into showers. He's some sort of exhibitionist who enjoys sickening his cameraman.
In one of the two episodes he took out his sleeping bag and slept on top of the beadspread. Couldn't blame him there. I'm skeptical about what all his black light was showing, though.
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
This is the first clip I have seen of the show, most likely my last unless it is a topic on the forum!
Arkie - maybe his cameraman likes it! - Ewww!

Joey Bloggs said:
we can;'t watch it in the UK yet but at least Gordon makes for interesting viewing! Trouble is i worry that these shows in picking out and pointing to the absolute worst of our industry - tarrs us all with the same brush! plus there are so many of them now
Hotel inspector
3 in a bed and 4 in a bed - where bb owners stay at each others places
and now Hotel Hell which doesn't seem to be showing hotels really!
Plus we have had 2 years of The Hotel where they film undercover and behind the scenes at a large hotel - makes for entertaining viewing but its again not giving a fab idea of the industry! people don't want to see the swan's legs going like mad!

Joey Bloggs said:
we can;'t watch it in the UK yet but at least Gordon makes for interesting viewing! Trouble is i worry that these shows in picking out and pointing to the absolute worst of our industry - tarrs us all with the same brush! plus there are so many of them now
Hotel inspector
Plus we have had 2 years of The Hotel where they film undercover and behind the scenes at a large hotel - makes for entertaining viewing but its again not giving a fab idea of the industry! people don't want to see the swan's legs going like mad!
The Hotel was about the rebuilding of the Savoy, right? I saw that. I haven't seen 3 in a bed. And yup, hotel hell wasn't at a hotel yet, all inns. I can't see how anyplace wants to sign up for that, even if you do get GR to show up and help.
His UK shows were more effective, though. Fox took all the effectiveness out of the show for ratings. Then again, if you end up on one of these shows, your chance of survival is about 10% anyway. It's 0% if you don't change something. There is a website that tracks the restaurants that he's "fixed" and so few are around today. Not much better for Restaurant Makeover or Restaurant Impossible, either. The owner doesn't change and that's the biggest problem.

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
The Hotel was about the rebuilding of the Savoy, right? I saw that. I haven't seen 3 in a bed. And yup, hotel hell wasn't at a hotel yet, all inns. I can't see how anyplace wants to sign up for that, even if you do get GR to show up and help.
His UK shows were more effective, though. Fox took all the effectiveness out of the show for ratings. Then again, if you end up on one of these shows, your chance of survival is about 10% anyway. It's 0% if you don't change something. There is a website that tracks the restaurants that he's "fixed" and so few are around today. Not much better for Restaurant Makeover or Restaurant Impossible, either. The owner doesn't change and that's the biggest problem.
nope The Hotel followed a hotel in the lake district for the first year and then one in Torquay the second year.
But did all back of house staff talking to each other that sort of thing.
The torquay hotel was struggling but was doing completely the wrong thing about it ie dolphin racing in the pool well woop de do! while the show was on they took their first online booking! and the reception manager "didn't believe it was part of her responsibility to deal with online bookings!"

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
nope The Hotel followed a hotel in the lake district for the first year and then one in Torquay the second year.
The torquay hotel was struggling but was doing completely the wrong thing about it ie dolphin racing in the pool well woop de do! while the show was on they took their first online booking! and the reception manager "didn't believe it was part of her responsibility to deal with online bookings!"

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
Ah. Then I didn't see that one. I saw the documentary on the redo of the Savoy, which I thought was interesting. And I think I'm up to date with the Hotel Inspector, though the new thing with trying to get people to text was annoying.

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
Ah. Then I didn't see that one. I saw the documentary on the redo of the Savoy, which I thought was interesting. And I think I'm up to date with the Hotel Inspector, though the new thing with trying to get people to text was annoying.
people with text? missed that one - if I am super efficient or am trying to encourage check in's cos I want to go out for dinner then I text people that their room is ready so they know they can check in from that time.

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
people with text? missed that one - if I am super efficient or am trying to encourage check in's cos I want to go out for dinner then I text people that their room is ready so they know they can check in from that time.
In the last Hotel Inspector at the end of segments they did these advertisements where they asked you to text a number to a specific number to enter to win a vacation at a hotel. They were quite long for advertisements. I hadn't seen those before.

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
Can you post the link to the website that tracks those "fixed" restaurants?

Joey Bloggs said:
Hotel inspector
Can you post the link to the website that tracks those "fixed" restaurants?
http://www.quora.com/What-restaurants-on-Kitchen-Nightmares-have-closed and http://kitchennightmares-kitchennightmare.blogspot.ca/
Season 1, one still open
Season 2, none
Season 3, three still open
Season 4, nine still open
Season 5, eleven still open

Not a very good track record.
If a restaurant is failing, a week with a celebrity chef and some publicity from being on TV still doesn't teach the owner how to actually run a business, surprisingly enough.

I knew Momma Cherri's Soul Food Shack - Brighton, England would make it!

Back