hotel-style safe jammed open

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomackenzie

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here? I have small safes in all my rooms buit into the same cupboard space as the fridge,, but two of them are stuck open. They are the kind that the user chooses a 6 number code for. Is there a way to re-program them or do I need a locksmith?

Best bet is to go to the website of the safe manufacturer and read up on their instructions. If that doesn't work, call the safe mfr and ask them. You will have to provide info to them that shows you actually own the safes or there wouldn't be much sense in having them if anyone could call.

Best bet is to go to the website of the safe manufacturer and read up on their instructions. If that doesn't work, call the safe mfr and ask them. You will have to provide info to them that shows you actually own the safes or there wouldn't be much sense in having them if anyone could call..
I cannot find any info on the brand online "Futura". Also, I am in France. Said safes came with the fixtures & fittings. They are pretty simple, hence the wishful thinking there might be a simple solution.

Best bet is to go to the website of the safe manufacturer and read up on their instructions. If that doesn't work, call the safe mfr and ask them. You will have to provide info to them that shows you actually own the safes or there wouldn't be much sense in having them if anyone could call..
I cannot find any info on the brand online "Futura". Also, I am in France. Said safes came with the fixtures & fittings. They are pretty simple, hence the wishful thinking there might be a simple solution.
Most of us don't have safes. Sorry, no help to you to know that I guess.

trouble is there is usually a master code for this sort of thing. Did you buy them yourself or did they come with the property? ie do you have any manuels or any way to contact the person who bought them? they probably had to set a master code when they put them in which overrides anything a guest might do.

I am very unsafe.
But like door access keypads there is a way to contact and get them reset, but of course you would have to be clear you are the owner of the safe. A locksmith might not even do the trick.
hkh0018l.jpg

It should of come with a pass key! then if you find your pass key you will be able to fix problem.

Futura may not be the actual maker.... just some slapped on name brand. Try going to google images and search for "hotel room safe" and scroll through the results. If you spot one that looks like yours, it may help you determine the actual maker and then track down some instructions.

IF YOU have a pass key it will restore the digal numbers back to normal. or unlock the open box so it will close again. We have safe boxes in all our suites. We purchased them so people would store their lap top in . Not leaving them open in the suites. Also stop putting there jewlery out in plain display. Or men storing there wallet under our mattress. Gesh how silly can one get. It is for our potection as well as theirs.

IF YOU have a pass key it will restore the digal numbers back to normal. or unlock the open box so it will close again. We have safe boxes in all our suites. We purchased them so people would store their lap top in . Not leaving them open in the suites. Also stop putting there jewlery out in plain display. Or men storing there wallet under our mattress. Gesh how silly can one get. It is for our potection as well as theirs..
We give guests keys to lock their room doors. Can't get them to do that, either, so not wasting time/money installing safes they won't use.

IF YOU have a pass key it will restore the digal numbers back to normal. or unlock the open box so it will close again. We have safe boxes in all our suites. We purchased them so people would store their lap top in . Not leaving them open in the suites. Also stop putting there jewlery out in plain display. Or men storing there wallet under our mattress. Gesh how silly can one get. It is for our potection as well as theirs..
We give guests keys to lock their room doors. Can't get them to do that, either, so not wasting time/money installing safes they won't use.
THANK GOODNESS! most of our guests this year have use them. It beats hidding under a mattress.
Our B&B have their own entrances they do not come in our area at all .And yes they do lock their doors
To our guest last night locked the doors then forgot her key in the suite.

THANK GOODNESS! most of our guests this year have use them. It beats hidding under a mattress.
Our B&B have their own entrances they do not come in our area at all .And yes they do lock their doors
Flower said:
This is why we love the keypad locks. No keys, just a number to unlock.
RIki

Flower said:
This is why we love the keypad locks. No keys, just a number to unlock.
RIki
Yes key locks would be great but we have a split door or known as a dutch door. In this one suite.

trouble is there is usually a master code for this sort of thing. Did you buy them yourself or did they come with the property? ie do you have any manuels or any way to contact the person who bought them? they probably had to set a master code when they put them in which overrides anything a guest might do..
The safes came with the property, already built into fridges. I think the previous owner must have bought them 2nd hand because he told me one was jammed.
Clearly, there is no master key, no manual & no batteries.
The brand does indeed exist, but the company have not answered the email I sent them, but that's looking like my only hope.
Thanks for all the replies,

welcome.gif
I wish I was in France right now.
regular_smile.gif
Bienvenue!

Futura may not be the actual maker.... just some slapped on name brand. Try going to google images and search for "hotel room safe" and scroll through the results. If you spot one that looks like yours, it may help you determine the actual maker and then track down some instructions..
You are smart! Good idea...

Back