Hotels moving away from daily cleanings...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We still get the occasional guest asking how they can get fresh towels, but the note works for most people.

Buying a laminator and a paper cutter were two of my best buys ever. I laminate everything!

When you trim, always leave 1/4" of clear sealed plastic border around everything. If you trim it through the paper, water can and will still get in with every spill and ruin it.

Also, I bought some cardstock to print my stuff on. Once laminated, it makes a much stiffer and more durable sign.

The other thing I use a lot are waterproof labels. When printed on a laser printer, they make labels that can stand up to bathroom splashes. I use them on the edge of the jet tubs to give usage instructions, as well as usage instructions on the control for the heated bathroom floors.

I also put a little waterproof label, about 1.5" x 1.5" above the outside door knob, saying "Check-in time 4 p.m." and another one just above the doorknob inside, saying "Check-out time 11 a.m.". So they see check out time every time they open the door to leave. Of course, some still ignore it!

Our rates are so high, especially in Sep & Oct, we feel obligated to check the rooms for stayovers. Covid isnt a big issue in MD, for our guests or for us, and our guests appreciate the service we provide, Besides it only takes a few minutes per room. A few tell us they dont want service and we respect that....

Covid is a big issue everywhere. It travels.

I checked with the hospitality group at the chamber of commerce after last summer and there were no known transmissions between guests and employees anywhere in our area. I attributed that to our protocols including self checkin and no room fluffs. As well as distancing and masking. It worked and we will continue. I don’t want to get it and I don’t want to pass it to anyone.

I also put a little waterproof label, about 1.5" x 1.5" above the outside door knob, saying "Check-in time 4 p.m." and another one just above the doorknob inside, saying "Check-out time 11 a.m.". So they see check out time every time they open the door to leave. Of course, some still ignore it!

I had a guest peering around the door at me at noon, exactly eye level with the check out sign on his side of the door, telling me he had no idea check out was at 11. 🙄

Back