Hotels warn others about 'bad' guests with TripAdvisor-like review database

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did not read the entire thing...but whoa....someone could get in some trouble doing this with individuals..privacy issues, discrimination...etc etc.

Hey, as TA is always so quick to point out, this data base has a function that lets a guest write a response if they are on the list. I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

Hey, as TA is always so quick to point out, this data base has a function that lets a guest write a response if they are on the list. I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander....
I agree! I have a couple i could put on there. And what happened to "free speech" which is always the reason given that we can be bashed?
RIki

As long as people stick to the facts I would be happy to use it/do it. Ie they trashed the room, card declined, smoked. I would have it as a list of things you could check about the guest ie tick box then you couldn't tick race etc.
ie smoke, card declined, violent, stealing, room damage and you check the ones that apply.

The thing that bothers me about this is how do you know it's the same "John Smith" or "Mary Jones?" Because of a physical location, I would think this is less of a problem for hotels/BnBs/inns.
There are so many people with the same name. My (married) surname is not common in this country, yet online I have come across two or three other women with the same first *and* last name as myself. I figure if it can happen to me, it must happen to others. The article says you search by name, although addresses are also included in the database.
IDK. I'd want to warn others of problem guests, but I'd hate to create a problem for some innocent person with the same name as my troublemaker.

I even met someone who had my name!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

The thing that bothers me about this is how do you know it's the same "John Smith" or "Mary Jones?" Because of a physical location, I would think this is less of a problem for hotels/BnBs/inns.
There are so many people with the same name. My (married) surname is not common in this country, yet online I have come across two or three other women with the same first *and* last name as myself. I figure if it can happen to me, it must happen to others. The article says you search by name, although addresses are also included in the database.
IDK. I'd want to warn others of problem guests, but I'd hate to create a problem for some innocent person with the same name as my troublemaker..
Google me and you also find another Irish woamn with a Polish last name who is also a musician albeit a MUCH BETTER musician than moi. I think there are a few others also. I would not like to get involved with such a list - in any way.
There is a woman here who is a nasty piece of work to work with to many, yet she works very well with me for some unknown reason. Go figure. People can be real jerks to a few people yet wonderful people to everyone else. Nah, do not want that list.

IDK. I'd want to warn others of problem guests, but I'd hate to create a problem for some innocent person with the same name as my troublemaker..
Google me and you also find another Irish woamn with a Polish last name who is also a musician albeit a MUCH BETTER musician than moi. I think there are a few others also. I would not like to get involved with such a list - in any way.
There is a woman here who is a nasty piece of work to work with to many, yet she works very well with me for some unknown reason. Go figure. People can be real jerks to a few people yet wonderful people to everyone else. Nah, do not want that list.
I'm with you, gillumhouse. I can't imagine this being a good idea.

Back