How are you engaging with your customers during this shut down?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
I thought I would start a new thread with regards to the Covid-19.
What are you doing to hopefully engage with your customers and get future bookings?
What is your plan when we are allowed to reopen?
What new things will you be doing to protect yourself and customers? I wanted to start a thread on helpful ideas we all might be able to help each other with.

I will start off.
When we are allowed to start back up, we plan on delivering breakfast to each suite. We have ordered nice Togo boxes and will have bottle waters and juice. Nothing will need to be brought back to the kitchen.
if customers need a room tidy we will bring them their towels and supplies for them to have. We will provide a laundry bag for them to place their dirty towels in and then come back to collect them.
We have more things we will be doing but this was just a start. :)
Hope everyone is holding up okay!
Blessings to you all!

Amazingly the Governor of our state considers lodging, hotels, etc. essential services.Other non-essential businesses must close. Amazing. We are closed because it’s the safe thing to do. Frankly, I’m not sure if we will reopen any time soon.
When/if we do reopen this summer we will only book the cottage, not the suites in the main house. We have changed to a standard Continental breakfast stocked in the cottage so guests help themselves. If they opt for a full breakfast we will deliver to the cottage.

WV also calls lodging essential. I am trying to get the Gillum Room rented- only 1 room to be occupied at any given time until this is over. AHLP put out a call through ALP for open lodgings in Philly, VA, MD, WV,and NC for the Embassies that have need of lodging for people who cannot go home. Have not heard anything yet. I even contacted the Embassy directly - and am offering a weekly rate if extended stay.

We’re considered an essential business so technically can remain open. We’re closed because we’re both old and want to live to see our grandkids get married.
So, when guests come back we are doing away with serve yourself and we’ll bring everything in single servings to the table. Only 3 tables at a time. Probably 2 seatings if we are allowed to do that. Right now it’s strictly to go for food service.
We’ll maintain our usual cleaning service.
How we are engaging - Facebook posts, email newsletters, Instagram. I’m not pushing travel right now but encouraging summer reservations.
Our town is encouraging gift card purchases but we don’t do a big GC business.

As yet not been told to close, but being of that age and health have blocked our reservation calendar through April with the exception of a few random nights that were on the books earlier.
EDIT: As of noon on 3/26/2020 all short term lodging in our area have been ordered to close until further notice.

Closed here too. We are looking at plated breakfasts instead of buffet. We will do that until we hear that the virus died because of summer weather. (Here’s hoping that happens!).
I’m posing on fb. A recipe, a picture of spring flowers. Just hellos. Our spring open house was cancelled as was our towns summer kick off party.

Closed here too. We are looking at plated breakfasts instead of buffet. We will do that until we hear that the virus died because of summer weather. (Here’s hoping that happens!).
I’m posing on fb. A recipe, a picture of spring flowers. Just hellos. Our spring open house was cancelled as was our towns summer kick off party..
But, the mallards are back at the koi pond! Yay!

We’re considered an essential business so technically can remain open. We’re closed because we’re both old and want to live to see our grandkids get married.
So, when guests come back we are doing away with serve yourself and we’ll bring everything in single servings to the table. Only 3 tables at a time. Probably 2 seatings if we are allowed to do that. Right now it’s strictly to go for food service.
We’ll maintain our usual cleaning service.
How we are engaging - Facebook posts, email newsletters, Instagram. I’m not pushing travel right now but encouraging summer reservations.
Our town is encouraging gift card purchases but we don’t do a big GC business..
I think you'll find plated is actually easier, and cuts somewhat the stupid
wink_smile.gif

Amazingly the Governor of our state considers lodging, hotels, etc. essential services.Other non-essential businesses must close. Amazing. We are closed because it’s the safe thing to do. Frankly, I’m not sure if we will reopen any time soon.
When/if we do reopen this summer we will only book the cottage, not the suites in the main house. We have changed to a standard Continental breakfast stocked in the cottage so guests help themselves. If they opt for a full breakfast we will deliver to the cottage..
Supply chain and emergency workers still need lodging. That's why our separate-from-the-inn apartment is still open. No bookings though!

When/if we do reopen this summer we will only book the cottage, not the suites in the main house. We have changed to a standard Continental breakfast stocked in the cottage so guests help themselves. If they opt for a full breakfast we will deliver to the cottage..
Supply chain and emergency workers still need lodging. That's why our separate-from-the-inn apartment is still open. No bookings though!
Anon Inn said:
I just wrapped up a 12-night say from a nurse called to town to help with a nursing shortage at the local hospital. She came and went through her own outside entrance and we're letting that room sit un-entered for 4 days before we go in. No problem, nobody else to book it anyway :-(

Back