How Comic Sans and clipart can make anything look absolutely terrible

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Like most really weird things on the Internet, we're not exactly sure how this all started. Some say it was Tumblr, and the oldest mention we have of this on Reddit has a comment suggesting it was 4chan, but the important thing is that this is awesome/terrible. Somewhere out there, the phrase "Recreate any Game/Film/Album cover using ONLY Clipart and Comic Sans” was uttered and it became a challenge no one could resist...more

I used to like Comic Sans font, but I keep hearing it ridiculed now, so I don't use it anymore!

I used to like it but really hate it now. Never use it. There are so many better fonts out there now.

Thought you'd want to know: TIME Magazine reports that a Pittsburgh designer has created a Comic Sans typewriter.

Comic sans - clip art = aol/hotmail
"Friends don't let friends use comic sans" -JB

i'm not a fan of clip art but admit to liking comic sans. i don't know why it's considered so bad. i trust your advice and try to steer clear. but i feel sad that it's frowned upon. is it considered childish? that would be ironic because i write children's stories (with capital letters in all the right places).

i'm not a fan of clip art but admit to liking comic sans. i don't know why it's considered so bad. i trust your advice and try to steer clear. but i feel sad that it's frowned upon. is it considered childish? that would be ironic because i write children's stories (with capital letters in all the right places)..
The 2000 business cards I ordered 10 years ago, and have not going thru, use comic sans. The next batch won't. And that will also be a much smaller order. ;-)

i'm not a fan of clip art but admit to liking comic sans. i don't know why it's considered so bad. i trust your advice and try to steer clear. but i feel sad that it's frowned upon. is it considered childish? that would be ironic because i write children's stories (with capital letters in all the right places)..
seashanty said:
i'm not a fan of clip art but admit to liking comic sans. i don't know why it's considered so bad. i trust your advice and try to steer clear. but i feel sad that it's frowned upon. is it considered childish? that would be ironic because i write children's stories (with capital letters in all the right places).
Because it is old and outdated. It shows a lack of being in the current era. In its day it was the only real variable to a TT Font, so people flocked to it as a "Casual" and "Friendlier" font. Using it for newsletters and such.
It looks amateurish. It is band booster ish, from stay at home moms who print up flyers for pool parties along with clip art.
It is not professional.

seashanty said:
Because it is old and outdated. It shows a lack of being in the current era. In its day it was the only real variable to a TT Font, so people flocked to it as a "Casual" and "Friendlier" font. Using it for newsletters and such.
It looks amateurish. It is band booster ish, from stay at home moms who print up flyers for pool parties along with clip art.
It is not professional.
I wonder what brought this 16 month old post back to life ... maybe because of halloween, old posts are rising from the archives and stumbling back to the front page.
Since we are talking about substitutions, I could read JB's comments on CS font just as easily if she were talking about a 70's hairstyle that she once tried. (Farrah Fawcett?)

seashanty said:
It is not professional.
I wonder what brought this 16 month old post back to life ... maybe because of halloween, old posts are rising from the archives and stumbling back to the front page.
Since we are talking about substitutions, I could read JB's comments on CS font just as easily if she were talking about a 70's hairstyle that she once tried. (Farrah Fawcett?)
Tom said:
Usually what happens is a spammer finds an old post and then it pops up again. The spam post is removed but the whole thread doesn't sink back into obscurity.
JB's not even old enough to have had FF hair... ;-) Now me? I skipped FF and had Dorothy Hamill hair!

just to clarify ... i never used comic sans on the b&b website. we don't use it on the websites where i work. but i'm not put off by it when it see it somewhere.
"old posts rising from the archives ..." i like that.

seashanty said:
It is not professional.
Tom said:
I wonder what brought this 16 month old post back to life ...
I revived it. I'm a radical who would rather add on to the same old thread on the topic, vs. starting a new one every time there's something to say about it. That way if you want to search for something you remember being said about comic sans, you don't have to wade through several different versions to find the one you're looking for.
Plus, it's my thread! ;-)

seashanty said:
It is not professional.
Tom said:
Usually what happens is a spammer finds an old post and then it pops up again. The spam post is removed but the whole thread doesn't sink back into obscurity.
JB's not even old enough to have had FF hair... ;-) Now me? I skipped FF and had Dorothy Hamill hair!
Madeleine said:
Tom said:
actually I am and I did. it was the 1970's.
We went all the way to PB to the best stylist around, this marvalous flamboyant hairdresser who cut hair like nobody's business and we paid big bucks in those days for it. Funny thinking about it now. I remember the best part about the hairdresser was he made you feel great in the cut, not just a cut and how do you like it? after turning the chair around. Those are the best hair dressers. I need to find a new one...I don't get that any more.
Not knocking the oldest barber shop in Arkansas, btw that was a ton of fun and i learned about the commonwealth attorney's kidney stones. What more could I ask for!
Oh and btw I had the Dorothy Hamill wedge cut as well, a gold medalist? You bet.

seashanty said:
It is not professional.
Tom said:
Madeleine said:
Tom said:
We went all the way to PB to the best stylist around, this marvalous flamboyant hairdresser who cut hair like nobody's business and we paid big bucks in those days for it. Funny thinking about it now. I remember the best part about the hairdresser was he made you feel great in the cut, not just a cut and how do you like it? after turning the chair around. Those are the best hair dressers. I need to find a new one...I don't get that any more.
Not knocking the oldest barber shop in Arkansas, btw that was a ton of fun and i learned about the commonwealth attorney's kidney stones. What more could I ask for!
Oh and btw I had the Dorothy Hamill wedge cut as well, a gold medalist? You bet.
I just never think you're that old...

seashanty said:
It is not professional.
Tom said:
Madeleine said:
Tom said:
Madeleine said:
I turn 47 tomorrow.

seashanty said:
It is not professional.
Tom said:
Madeleine said:
Tom said:
Madeleine said:
I turn 47 tomorrow.
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
I turn 47 tomorrow.
Get out!

Back