How could I convince you to call (& maybe hire) me?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
there is a b&b near me that has an ad running for a weekend innkeeper ... they want responses by email only.
what could i say to convince you to call me?
edited: email as the only option for responding to the ad ~ i was just trying to think of an eye catching (but not obnoxious) way to responding. like putting my resume over an image of a great breakfast or a pile of laundry! haha

I think I might go thru a short resume of what you did before...starting the B&B from scratch and keeping it going pretty much on a shoestring. I don't think I'd mention that you can do it all with one hand tied behind your back while wearing fuzzy slippers, tho. If there is staff you want them there to do the scut work! You are versatile in taking reservations, a dab hand in the kitchen (unless they have a cook), personable, good grief, it's a good thing I'm not looking for a job...
I am awful at applying for jobs. I really need the interview and the face to face to get my point across.
How many rooms is it? Big place? Do you know anything else about it? Do they do weddings, etc?

I agree with Bree. Just send a resume with your experience. I might say somethng about % of repeat guests at the inn while you were innkeeper. That would show you know how to bring them back.

They probably don't want a bunch of people just showing up and wanting a tour!
Email a resume, and in your email discuss where you were and what you did.... somehow I doubt they're going to get a large pool of candidates with your experience and ability!
Good luck!
=)
Kk.

EXPERIENCE! Running a large inn on your own speaks volumes. REVIEWS - I would, if you have not already, printed them up and added THOSE as references to your Innkeeping resume. :)

EXPERIENCE! Running a large inn on your own speaks volumes. REVIEWS - I would, if you have not already, printed them up and added THOSE as references to your Innkeeping resume. :).
Those would be the BEST references.

i assume you grew your business by increasing occupancy? definately mention that and maybe the % and time span. don't be afraid to pat yourself on the back and let tham know what a ggreat business person you are. sometimes people hold back on mentioning accomplishments & such for fear of seeming arrogant. don't hold back.

You have the experience...tout it!!! ANyone would be stupid NOT to hire you with your experience. Good luck

Use us as references. I would be happy to write you one!
Riki

I can not really add much as it has been covered but you must not be shy in stating ALL that you did. Reviews would also speak volumes. They would be missing out on an excellent employee if they do not pick you. Wishing all will go as you want it to!!!

I have a feeling that your wonderful personality will come shining thru no matter what you write. If they are worth their salt, they will be looking for a warm, organized, frugal, aware person: YOU! Whatever you write about what you've done will be icing on the cake.
I'd definately not mention the fuzzy slippers... ;) Well, maybe not yet! :)

I send out a request for a weekend innkeeper and await emai responses. I don't know anyone from Eve. We are having a very busy week, so I don't have a lot of time. What do i want to see in the email?
A very short resume so I don't have to figure it out. Either you have experience or you don't.
A very brief comment about your basic style and personality
A short statement about our inn, what you know about us and how you think you would be a good fit.
A request to schedule an interview at our convenience.
The rest should be left for the face to face
Of course, since I already know you are a pro, it seems like a no-brainer that you would get the nod.

Back