How cute!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Okay so our guests from the UK were in a quandary as to what those circles things were on the breakfast plate. They loved breakfast, ate every bite including the pineapple!
It threw me for a moment, circle things? Oh sausage! haha Yes our "patties" are flat and round, vs reg shaped snags they are used to. Then they asked what a biscuit was as they have been seeing it everwhere and what sort of gravy?...I had not planned on that for breakfast tomorrow, might have th change it up now but had bought everything as we have another room checking in from Southern Calf, I don't dare do sausage gravy and biscuits...
chef.gif

No wonder they were confused - who would put gravy on a cookie?.
Do the biscuits and gravy thing, a good flaky southern biscuit and creamy gravy!!! They won't know what to do next. You are technically in the south so give them southern like no body's business. But you might want a lighter menu that is easy as a back up plan - at least for your CA folks.

We had UK guests once....cute kids. We introduced them to "smores" by the campfire. They thought they had died and gone to heaven.

There's very few things that are like the intuition of taking your youngsters in your arms. We origin love our kids. To us, they're the mass beautiful and amazing kids on the planet, no difficulty asked. They're ours, and no one can profits that away from us.Birthday Status Often overlooked as nothing more than just dessert; belittled as a price that provides nothing more than a job to staff the candles, the birthday cake has long been relegated to second tier position in the realm of party planning.

Hearing the word "Cute" instantly brings smile on our face. And so are these.Cool Facebook Status The cute quotes about life, I've gathered below will inspire you, motivate you and will give you new fresh perspective about life.

I've just found this website. There's some great info on here. Yes we've had some cute things happen with overseas guests. There have been some funny quotations they use as well. I love the cute quotes that came from our UK guests. Things like "I'm going for a fag" meaning cigarette or 'sorry but my husband does say some cheeky things' meaning he said something that's borderline rude but funny. Maybe we should start a new thread with these quotes.

Do the biscuits and gravy thing, a good flaky southern biscuit and creamy gravy!!! They won't know what to do next. You are technically in the south so give them southern like no body's business. But you might want a lighter menu that is easy as a back up plan - at least for your CA folks.
Years ago we stayed with our friends in Atlanta and they served southern biscuits with breakfast. We loved them.
I have tried various recipes but I just can't get them like theirs. Last time they visited they even brought me a bag of southern biscuit mix, but I still can't get the beautiful layered light biscuit they made for us at home.

Here in Scotland they have a traditional square sausage, usually called a lorne sausage. Most English people have never seen them either.

Years ago we stayed with our friends in Atlanta and they served southern biscuits with breakfast. We loved them.
I have tried various recipes but I just can't get them like theirs. Last time they visited they even brought me a bag of southern biscuit mix, but I still can't get the beautiful layered light biscuit they made for us at home.
The trick is to handle the dough as little as possible. Over handling make them "tough".

ok, clue me in - what's the deal with CA people? We haven't had any, but it'll be good to know...

ok, clue me in - what's the deal with CA people? We haven't had any, but it'll be good to know....
K9 said:
ok, clue me in - what's the deal with CA people? We haven't had any, but it'll be good to know...
There seems to be a disproportionate number of them with dietary issues. They basically subsist on air. Of course, it's a big state with a lot of room for differences! The attitude could use a little tweaking also. No matter what it is you do, they seem to think it could have been done better by trained monkeys. Again, big state with a lot of room for people not like that.

But with improved modernization and marketing by performers in various tv serials, these outfits have reduce the thoughts that limited them to the popularity of being used by mature females only sweet serials

Back