"How did you find this place?" asks the guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I love it when guests ask other guests "HOW DID YOU FIND THIS PLACE?" They are all so curious and then are shocked when they all answer "on the internet" it cracks me up. I have heard it two mornings in a row. I perk up my ears to see if there was some other mystery method to find "this place" but there never is. My marketing pure and simple. Of course they all booked online and put in the directory or google where they found us. As semi-accurate as that could be.

Or they ask, how do people find you? Well, how did you find me?
=)
Kk.

Yes that is another one, not so much now that everyone has internet, but in the beginning they always asked that! True. Shocked that people could find us. ha ha

I get asked that question a lot too, but they are asking "how did you find this place to buy it?"
My answer: "A real estate agent", then I go on to tell the story.

We seem to get the full range from folks that want to know nothing about us and have minimal interaction or conversation with us to the full blown "Inquisitors" who want our life stories including how we came be in this place.
Most who ask each other how they found us, are generally willing to share and we've found that the positive reviews on TA and B&B.com are the deal sealers. Aside from the positive remarks, the descriptions of us, our style, size of our place and the fact we're owner occupied with no staff ever mentioned seem to attract our most well-matched and ultimately satisfied guests.

We seem to get the full range from folks that want to know nothing about us and have minimal interaction or conversation with us to the full blown "Inquisitors" who want our life stories including how we came be in this place.
Most who ask each other how they found us, are generally willing to share and we've found that the positive reviews on TA and B&B.com are the deal sealers. Aside from the positive remarks, the descriptions of us, our style, size of our place and the fact we're owner occupied with no staff ever mentioned seem to attract our most well-matched and ultimately satisfied guests..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
We had a guest this last weekend that was VERY interested in our life story, so much so that she told DW that she should write a book about it because she "would be sure to buy it". ROFLMAO WE ARE THE MOST BORING PEOPLE ON THE PLANET!
lol-053.gif

That is always a topic a conversation. People are just interested. After 6 years though I got tired of telling the same stories over and over again
devil_smile.gif

Most who ask each other how they found us, are generally willing to share and we've found that the positive reviews on TA and B&B.com are the deal sealers. Aside from the positive remarks, the descriptions of us, our style, size of our place and the fact we're owner occupied with no staff ever mentioned seem to attract our most well-matched and ultimately satisfied guests..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
We had a guest this last weekend that was VERY interested in our life story, so much so that she told DW that she should write a book about it because she "would be sure to buy it". ROFLMAO WE ARE THE MOST BORING PEOPLE ON THE PLANET!
lol-053.gif

I meant to add that in a very few cases, the "Inquisitors" have asked way too personal questions including financial stuff that we got really uncomfortable about. Possibly, aspiring inkeepers on a field trip, but nonetheless pretty discomforting.
We are writing a book, but its about the freakin' guests not us. The book about us would be a very, very short and boring read.
Two blue collar stiffs from very modest upbringings, worked hard their whole life, never asked anybody for anything, tried to help make a better planet for all, traveled a bit, loved animals to the point of obsession, loved nature.

Tim_Toad_HLB said:
lol-053.gif

Proud Texan said:
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
lol-053.gif
My sister came over to say goodbye before she flew out today and caught me scrubbing a toilet in a guest room. I turned around with my bright yellow gloves and scrubby and said "Glamorous life isn't it?" She laughed. My niece said to me when they arrived a couple days ago "What do you do all day, since the place is already so clean?" Huh? So I pointed my scrubby at her and said "See this is what I do all day!"

We get how did you end up in Shinnston from both guests and locals. It is obvious from our speech that we are "not from here are ya?" I do not mind because I get to tell how nice the town was (and is) and locals especially are surprised to hear that. People are surprised to find out I am originally from WV - I got to come home, it was my reward for bringing up the 2-legged animals.

Back