How do you know?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
How do you know that your guest has overfilled your tub and the seal on the overflow has broken?
When the water starts leaking out of the live light fixtures in the ceiling of your living room on the bottom floor during breakfast.
How do you know your guest isn't going to be there for breakfast and doesn't eat breakfast, after you informed them of the breakfast hour at check-in?
When they come down in the morning to inform you after you have made everything and gotten up an hour and a half early to do it.
How do you know your guests are lighting matches and possibly smoking in your bathrooms?
When the smell comes through the vents in your bottom floor bathroom.
How do your know the guest is "bathroom jumping" in a room they haven't paid for?
When you are frantically trying to find them because noone is answering their door and water is gushing out of their bathroom and they come running out of a bathroom they haven't a reservation for.
How do you know your coffee vendor is going out of business?
When you send your guest down to the shop to buy some coffee and the sign says closed (permanently).
How do you know your guests are telling the TRUTH, when they tell you that the reputable online service they used told them they were paid in full and that there would be no extra person charges when they checked in?
When you get on the phone pretending to be a customer and they tell you that there are no extra person charges, when, in fact ,on their site and on your site, it clearly states that all prices are based on double occupancy and there are charges for extra persons.
How do you know you are having one of those days?
It all happens on the same day!

LOL I hope you are kidding in the last line (about happening all on the same day). If you aren't kidding, you have a GREAT sense of humor.

Forgot one...
How do you know your guest ate your brownies and had wine in bed when there is a no food/drink in rooms sign posted?
When you find the crumbs all over your gift shop items and wine stains in the bed.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I am very impressed you can joke about it.
thumbs_up.gif

Ouch, what a day!
We have found the bathroom hopping thing here, too. We are installing a lock on the hallway bathroom because telling a guest that that bathroom is a private bathroom for another room doesn't make a bit of difference. Not sure how said guest would feel if the guest in the other room knocked on their door and walked in to use their bathroom!
The other guest rooms we have to keep locked or it's not just bathroom hopping.

OMG! Sorry for your bad day...but as they say..."THAT'S INNKEEPING!" Keep your sense of humor..it will be the only thing to keep you sane:)
I suggest you keep unoccupied rooms locked.

OMG! Sorry for your bad day...but as they say..."THAT'S INNKEEPING!" Keep your sense of humor..it will be the only thing to keep you sane:)
I suggest you keep unoccupied rooms locked..
Wow, i am starting to get worried.....I guess I take everyones advice here.
I have one hallway bathroom which belongs to my twin room. I also never lock the other rooms when not occupied.
Had no problems yet, but why wait till they happen? I will change it all starting tomorow.

I suggest you keep unoccupied rooms locked..
Wow, i am starting to get worried.....I guess I take everyones advice here.
I have one hallway bathroom which belongs to my twin room. I also never lock the other rooms when not occupied.
Had no problems yet, but why wait till they happen? I will change it all starting tomorow.
I had a guest using a shower in another guest room once. I confronted the man and he said the woman was in theirs...and? This is the boundaries part I like to talk about. If you don't put them out there, don't expect other people to be the same as you are.
We can all be upset when someone does something we consider out of place or rude or careless, like using another guest bathroom. But to the guest, they thought it was okay. Why? I have no idea. The cleaning fairies go into each room anyway, right? NOPE.
I cannot imagine going into another room at all, but PEOPLE DO IT. They go into innkeepers quarters too. Who was it who was on the loo when a guest walked in? Someone here. So make sure you can close the door on your quarters AND lock them up when you need to.

Yikers!! I hope those wine drinking guests left you some. You could have used a big glass after a day like that!

Back