How Do You Present Bathrobes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
We have toweling bathrobes in our guest rooms and they are hung on the door on a hanger. I turn the collar over, fold it closed, cross the arms over and they tie. I think they look a bit "used", which breaks my first rule of B&B, everything should look like a guest is the first person to use it. Our robes only get used by about 20-30% of guests, which seems low to me, so is this presentation putting people off!! So...
How often do your robes get used?
Does anyone have any better ideas of how to present them?
robes.jpg

They look fine to me. I just hung mine in the closet or in the bathroom. Some people just don't want to wear a robe others may have worn...even if it is clean. I never use one as I always have my own.

I think they look really nice HJ.
They are an offered amenity to a guest, not all guests wear or wish to wear a robe. I and my spouse are included in that number. I would think it was neat that you had them there tho!
thumbs_up.gif

They are an offered amenity to a guest, not all guests wear or wish to wear a robe. I and my spouse are included in that number. I would think it was neat that you had them there tho!
thumbs_up.gif
They're perfect. I used to fold all mine up nicely but I was told by an expert in the hotel biz that robes should be hanging, ready for the guests to use. The fact that you've tied them up nicely lets the guests know that they're clean. People are different. The ones you'd think wouldn't use them do and vice versa. Just think of all the extra laundry if people dumped them on the floor every day with their used towels!

We put the sleeves in the pockets and cinch them tightly at the waist to be able to tell if they were used.

Mine are on hangers in the closet.
I pull them tight at the waist to make them look thin like the guest wishes they would look on them.
I tie the belt in a way that I can tell if it has been used.
I'd say 20% use one or both robes in the closet.
I don't want more than that to use them. That would be more laundry. I offer them, but I don't push them.

Those look fine. We hang ours in the closet, tied tightly. I try to get Gomez to put the sleeves in the pockets but not happening. We have different color robes so friends know which robe is theirs. I've tried switching out the ties, but Gomez doesn't like that either.
We don't use robes so it's nothing to do with how you present them. We shower and get dressed, we're not loungers.

highlands, i like how they look.
i trust that the robes are clean, just as i trust that the sheets and towels are clean.
my pet peeve as innkeeper were the soaking wet towels and damp robes dropped on the bed. i did have hooks with little signs that said 'hang damp robes and towels here' since i wondered if people were clueless?
anyway ... if you've got a robe for me, i'm in it. (sorry for the laundry) i love snuggling into a fluffy robe at night. i don't want to pack one - especially since the kind i like takes up half the suitcase!
wink_smile.gif

Mine hang in the closet in the room, belt pulled tight and tied in my special way. Most guests do not use them - bonus because less laundry.
They are there to be used and I have robes that are terry lining in a silky shell and the label in them says they were custom made.

This is not a great picture, but it's the only one I can find where the robes are displayed. We put them in the bed along with the slipper socks we provide. Our guests use our robes about 90% of the time. I don't think our percentage is so high because of the way we display them. Being in the PNW we have cooler temps than most other states and the ambiance at our place is one where they stay in their rooms a lot
Sandlake%20inn%20003%20%28640x480%29.jpg

I would prefer to just hang them in the closet, but DH is the laundry/bed maker and he likes it this way so I keep my opinion to myself. If any of you know me, that's tough for me to do!

thumbs_up.gif
They're perfect. I used to fold all mine up nicely but I was told by an expert in the hotel biz that robes should be hanging, ready for the guests to use. The fact that you've tied them up nicely lets the guests know that they're clean. People are different. The ones you'd think wouldn't use them do and vice versa. Just think of all the extra laundry if people dumped them on the floor every day with their used towels!
You've got a point there, I've only got 8 for 6 people because the times they're used doesn't warrant having more spare, but on the days when 4 or 6 get used I'm cursing!!!
regular_smile.gif

Mine are on hangers in the closet.
I pull them tight at the waist to make them look thin like the guest wishes they would look on them.
I tie the belt in a way that I can tell if it has been used.
I don't want more than that to use them. That would be more laundry. I offer them, but I don't push them..
Arks said:
I don't want more than that to use them. That would be more laundry. I offer them, but I don't push them.
Same with the jet tubs! They're there, but I don't push them. No fun to clean!

thumbs_up.gif
You've got a point there, I've only got 8 for 6 people because the times they're used doesn't warrant having more spare, but on the days when 4 or 6 get used I'm cursing!!!
regular_smile.gif

I hang mine on regular wooden hangers on there own hooks side by side. With his bath robe. The belt tightly tie and his sleeve in the pocket and her sleeve wrapped around his arm. The hanging loops are in the back of the neck of robes I tie his ribbon like a men's tie and hers in a pink ribbon with a bow . So that the robs are tied to there hangers by the ribbons. If the ribbon are untied I know they were used.

thumbs_up.gif
regular_smile.gif

I hang mine on regular wooden hangers on there own hooks side by side. With his bath robe. The belt tightly tie and his sleeve in the pocket and her sleeve wrapped around his arm. The hanging loops are in the back of the neck of robes I tie his ribbon like a men's tie and hers in a pink ribbon with a bow . So that the robs are tied to there hangers by the ribbons. If the ribbon are untied I know they were used.
Flower said:
That sounds so creative. Great idea

HJ, nice job! Mine were hung in the closet & cinched tight at the waist like Arks, also tied the bow in the belt distinctively so I could tell if they were used. I had robes with our logo on them which I think helped guests to use them more. Maybe they thought they were fancier? :)
I did a turndown service and used to lay them out on the bed in the evening but then I thought, "Why do this?" Because if they didn't actually wear them, I'd still launder them since they were probably handled a lot more than if they were in the closet. ;-)

Hanging with a cinched waistline and the tie in the back. Guests would never put it back like that, so there is no mistaking that they are fresh.

Flower's technique of making them into two characters in a painting is amazing.
But now I'm picturing Jon Sabre making the robes do something obscene ;-)
Or beautiful, I guess. Depends on point of view.

Back