How do you sell the quiche?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Our signature dish is our crustless individual quiche made in an oversized muffin tin. Sits on the buffet forever and always tastes great. Perfect for buffet because the servings size is individual so no one takes too much.
Well, this year, of course, no buffet. So we make a menu of tomorrow’s ‘chef’s choice’ and four alternates- toast and bacon, cold cereal, oatmeal or yogurt with granola.
Most menus, people choose chefs choice. But when we offer the crustless quiche, we sell maybe a third.

So this week, we tried something new. No more quiche! We now offer ‘baked omelette ‘! And we sold 100%! Hahahahaha
It’s all in the marketing! 😀👍😜👩‍🍳🥚🥧

Last edited:
Egg pie. I had the same problem.

I ask guests if they want meat on the side so I always tell them what’s coming up for breakfast. Had a guy tell me he doesn’t eat quiche. I asked if he preferred egg pie. Sure, that sounded good. Brought plates to table, exact same thing. Put plates down then said, ‘oops, that’s backwards,’ and swapped plates.

Wife cracked up. it’s been egg pie ever since.

If guests ask, ‘isn’t this quiche?’ I say it isn’t because no one eats quiche. And, it isn’t, because it has no crust. But ‘frittata’ was also a hard sell.

"Savory "Frittata" with peppers, onions, cheese and bacon" (or spinach, or sausage, etc...) is a sure sell here!

I call mine Sour Cream & Chives with 3-Cheese Egg Bake - get asked for the recipe all the time.

:)Awesome! I had a guest decline quiche and when I was serving it she said 'that's FLAN' and gobbled it up. I always thought of flan as sweet, like a custard, but learned there is a savory flan. ok

I love quiche. Pre-baked crust. Usually use caramelized onion, three cheese in a custard base. Now I want to go make one. :)

"Baked Omelette" has now replaced "Fritatta" in our lexicon!
Only challenge will be when we pre-bake a whole pan and someone says "I'd like mine without red peppers, please."

I call mine a breakfast pie. It's also crustless and is cut in wedges like a pie. I stopped making anything with a crust years ago. People get so hung up on the name of things or the way they are presented. I often use the Costco chicken apple sausages. It took me a couple years to figure this out...when served whole, people barely touched it, when I cut it in half, people barely touched it, when I cut it in 8th, bingo, people eat it all us. Go figure!

Back