How early is too early?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in "Podunk" and within reason (and yes to me 4 am breakfast is within reason), I will do whatever I can to provide service to my guests. As a SMALL B & B I can do this - and it does bring me guests.
I did however just lose 2 bookings for the stable, one of which would had included me. One they have living quarters in the trailer so just wanted the stable - no B & B, no stable unless I am already full - and the other had a Lab and I guess did not take kindly to my question asking if the Lab could stay in the trailer for the night although I did ask her to call and she did not. I MAY have said OK if they had a crate for the dog. There are some things I will not budge on (no crate, no budge)..
gillumhouse said:
I did however just lose 2 bookings for the stable, one of which would had included me. One they have living quarters in the trailer so just wanted the stable - no B & B, no stable unless I am already full - and the other had a Lab and I guess did not take kindly to my question asking if the Lab could stay in the trailer for the night although I did ask her to call and she did not. I MAY have said OK if they had a crate for the dog. There are some things I will not budge on (no crate, no budge).
Does your stable not do transient lodging except through you?
=)
Kk.
No, they do not. I pay for alll advertising and marketing and make reservations for the stalls. If the horses are going to go into the field (have had those too) I just let them know so they can get THEIR horses into the barn or another field for the night. The stable is a sideline for him - not his primary business. His Dad told me he was trying to start a stable, I asked how much per night per horse and we we off and running! He has also given me the seeway to "play" with the fee if I think it is needed - if there are many horses, I can give a multi-horse discount.

Back