How has your BnB changed since you encountered INNspiring.com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susicia

Reaction score
Thouht I'd spark a conversation on this dreary miserable day -( at least here in Ireland anyway! ;-)
How has this website changed how you run your Bed and Breakfast- any major improvments?
I'l start and say I had never thought about adding in a map "as well" as directions to my Bed and Breakfast in the Confirmation of Booking email untill I read it here, amazing I had never thought of this before as It's always been a problem!
Anybody else like to weigh in?

Dreary in Ireland?? Oh no
poke.gif

It's dreary here today as well with expectations of sleet, ice and snow coming in this evening.

I now put silk rose petals on the beds when couples book and add Hershey's kisses. When the guests remark about how nice that is (as I show them to the room), I reply that lovers need kisses.....
I know there are other things but I am currently brain dead.
It is nice here today - laundry on the clothes line and I am about to go out and take down the Christmas light displays.

Did you mention where in Ireland you are? My family is from Kerry. (You probably are tired of hearing Americans say, 'My family is from...')

Did you mention where in Ireland you are? My family is from Kerry. (You probably are tired of hearing Americans say, 'My family is from...').
ha, you could say that Morticia..! But i'm Limerick City, pretty close to Kerry actually, where about's in Kerry do you know?

Did you mention where in Ireland you are? My family is from Kerry. (You probably are tired of hearing Americans say, 'My family is from...').
ha, you could say that Morticia..! But i'm Limerick City, pretty close to Kerry actually, where about's in Kerry do you know?
Barleymount and Cullina. Beaufort.

Hey Ireland I spoke to my sister this morning twice in County Louth. :) Think I already mentioned her brother in law and family in Limerick.
This forum - #1 has granted some genuine friendships with people who "get it" as there are not any others who get what we do.
This forum - #2 has made me place a bullseye placard next to my desk with a bang head here written on it.
It's all good.
cheers.gif

Hey Ireland I spoke to my sister this morning twice in County Louth. :) Think I already mentioned her brother in law and family in Limerick.
This forum - #1 has granted some genuine friendships with people who "get it" as there are not any others who get what we do.
This forum - #2 has made me place a bullseye placard next to my desk with a bang head here written on it.
It's all good.
cheers.gif
The friendships and the support and answers to questions ARE the best part. I was stuck on my B & B mode (you know how it is with us selfish b*****ds!)

This site is a great help to me as I run my B&B by myself. Its good to see other opinions, ideas, a different slant on things as this helps with my B&B business growth. Thanks all, Mary in Bridgewater

This forum has given me confidence and insight into what may come and how to deal with problems if/when they arise.
Riki

Oh my, yes!
Wording of policies...these veteran innkeepers are very generous and have really helped me hone my message and get my point across while still being hospitable.
Online booking discount: Joey gave me this idea and it is absolutely the best thing we ever did for us personally. In conjunction with making our website as comprehensive as possible, this has cut down on so many "time waster" phone calls and just saved us a lot of headaches.
Tabletop ice maker: On the way, purchased because people shared their experiences and recommendations here. I think it's going to be a good fit for us and will make the guests happier.
Recipes: So many great ones shared, it's changed our breakfast landscape greatly.
Gift certificates: Many discussions on this forum changed how we handle ours now (flat dollar amounts only so we never have to expire them, versus "good for a two night stay in the X room...").
I could go on and on! All great changes for us. And don't forget the camaraderie and support, that is priceless.

There are plenty of ideas I have gleaned from other innkeepers on the forum - I can't think of them right now, but trust me when I say I certainly have!!! I learned more from the forum members than anywhere else.
Sometimes they are little things that frustrate and build up each day when we are super busy and we see that we are not the only one and there is a simple solution - like for example putting a sign on the front door reminding guests we do not except early check ins. Yes, we tell them the check in time, it is printed right next to the directions and phone number and they ignore it.
For that, being told simply "Don't let them in" "It is your B&B, your house, your policies. Don't let them take advantage" and lastly those four famous words we hear on this forum ONLY "STICK TO YOUR POLICIES" whenever we don't we pay for it. Do the guests go crazy and love us for it and write super reviews because we bent over backwards for them? NOPE. So stick to your policies. Make em, stick to em. Those were words of wisdom worth gold to me.

My lock box means I never have to stay up to check in a late arrival WOOO HOOO I think as well I benefit most just from the other people who get it part as we can sometimes be isolated from others in our industry which as we are all over are not competition so we can help each other.

It's the peanut butter in my peanut butter sandwich! Thanks again everyone!

This is an old post but since it was posted I HAVE made changes becauwe of it. I changed my online reservations program to something a zillion times better - for ME! and it was because of one of the innmates. Thanks, JB.

It was a saving grace for me-when I owned my B & B and now as an employed Innkeeper-so many things helped me build my business and be realistic about where its going;...now I can get advise for my profession as an Innkeeper. This is an amazing forum and am so glad its here,

Thanks for being honest about my website. If you all never would of said anything I still be here wondering why I haven't been getting guests. This is the biggest thing, but it is not the only thing. Thanks so much!

Back