How is your season going?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Just wandering how your season is going? I'm in Branson and it has been really busy! Almost 95% occupancy for the month of June. Spring started slow. Next month looks a little slower so far. Of course that said, people tend to be waiting last min to book. I was just wanting to know if it was busy all over! It's been 67 straight days of breakfast. I'm starting to get tired!

Could be better but then I'm slacking this year. Just hard to get back into the swing of things since my Mom died.
cry_smile.gif
Her house has sold so that helps.

Not too bad. We're busy and the reservations are streaming in for the rest of the season.

Could be better but then I'm slacking this year. Just hard to get back into the swing of things since my Mom died.
cry_smile.gif
Her house has sold so that helps..
Sorry to hear about your mom. Big hug.

cry_smile.gif
Condolences on the loss of your mother. After 9 years, I miss my mom every day....
(((((((hugs to you)))))))

It is tough to stay on track, when I lost my dad I slept on the couch for almost a month, he has been gone 14 years this past May, and I miss him each and every day. He was one of my best friends. Mom still here at almost 92. I think she will out live us all.
So sorry for your loss. Not much consolation but work is a great cure, throw yourself into it, and make her proud, she is up there watching over you, now as she did before. Big hugs and hang in there.

So sorry Ice, I lost mine 2 years ago. It gets better, but never goes away.
Our June has been the best on record! July & Aug still is looking a bit light at this point. They're usually our best months, but you just never know in this economy. We're getting ripped off with gas prices here in the west. No reason for it. We're at $4.29 at the moment.

Hugs to Ice! We love ya and hope each day is brighter than the last.
I wrote a blog on this SW Antique Tractor Event this weekend on Father's day and as I typed it I got teary eyed...okay, big green tractors tear me up...no really, my Dad, his sister and nephew were at this very event when we got the call Grandpa died. They had been caring for him and the minute they flew from San Fran out here he died. I had to track them down and find them to tell them. The staff (volunteers) tossed me in a golf cart and zipped me all over the crowds of people to find Dad to tell him, they were unbelievably caring, yeah a tractor event. Who knew...
PS Dad is in recovery right this minute after a heart cath. He is doing fine.

I wrote a blog on this SW Antique Tractor Event this weekend on Father's day and as I typed it I got teary eyed...okay, big green tractors tear me up...no really, my Dad, his sister and nephew were at this very event when we got the call Grandpa died. They had been caring for him and the minute they flew from San Fran out here he died. I had to track them down and find them to tell them. The staff (volunteers) tossed me in a golf cart and zipped me all over the crowds of people to find Dad to tell him, they were unbelievably caring, yeah a tractor event. Who knew...
PS Dad is in recovery right this minute after a heart cath. He is doing fine..
Green tractor people are the best tractor people.

Weaver said:
John%20Deere.jpg

My man.....he sure loves his green toy!

cry_smile.gif
So sorry Ice. Hopefully you will carry memories of all the good times forward and they will give you comfort.
Our mall B+B just keeps chugging along...we are a bit ahead for Jan-May but we have more vacancy than usual for our summer months. I expect that, once the heat arrives folks will just have to come spend some time by the sea! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bob I am so happy for you after the tornado there and everything this is great news!

Weaver said:
John%20Deere.jpg

Aha, are we supposed to post pix of our guys with their green toys? Here's a happy/sad story- we had a guest who used to come every year for at least 7-10 days. He died a few years ago but he left his brand new, very posh JD tractor to DH. Every time he's out there tooling around he thinks of our guest. (DH has the keys to it on a keyring with a little JD tractor. Help me.

Weaver said:
John%20Deere.jpg

Aha, are we supposed to post pix of our guys with their green toys? Here's a happy/sad story- we had a guest who used to come every year for at least 7-10 days. He died a few years ago but he left his brand new, very posh JD tractor to DH. Every time he's out there tooling around he thinks of our guest. (DH has the keys to it on a keyring with a little JD tractor. Help me.
That's a wonderful/sad story. It's times like that when we realize how we sometimes impact people's lives. It's a great compliment to the two of you.

Our occupancy is down because of the local strike. And this was going to be the first summer that I was going to hire someone to help me in the summer. No need.
I'm doing less discounting and the reservations are coming in very last minute.

Joey Bloggs said:
PS Dad is in recovery right this minute after a heart cath. He is doing fine.
{{{hugs}}} to you Ice, it is not easy. It has been over 4 years and I still get the urge to pick up the phone and call.
JB - so glad your dad is doing well!!!

Weaver said:
John%20Deere.jpg

Madeleine said:
:cry:
Like they say nothing runs like a ...
I lost mine when my ex left, he couldn't part with it until the payment came due, apparently he forgot he wouldn't need it in his "posh, downtown, everyone is on food stamps or drugs" apartment. It's all good the nice farmers across the street brought me a nice one to use, and I don't have to make payments on it!
You never know who you will touch and how, I bet that is one of the nicest and sadest things a guest living or dead has ever left you. Pays great tribute to you two as innkeepers.

Our occupancy is down because of the local strike. And this was going to be the first summer that I was going to hire someone to help me in the summer. No need.
I'm doing less discounting and the reservations are coming in very last minute..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Who is striking? I missed this on the news...

I'm doing less discounting and the reservations are coming in very last minute..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Who is striking? I missed this on the news...
College and University students. Tuition is to go up from $2,168 a year to $3,793 over 5 years.... or $3,946 over 7 and then indexed at 2.1%. Yup, we are the laughing stock of the world.

Bob said:
Just wandering how your season is going? I'm in Branson and it has been really busy! Almost 95% occupancy for the month of June. Spring started slow. Next month looks a little slower so far. Of course that said, people tend to be waiting last min to book. I was just wanting to know if it was busy all over! It's been 67 straight days of breakfast. I'm starting to get tired!
Almost identical here. Slow start, manic June, 90%. May was 80% which is 3rd best ever.
Put our prices up this year by £6 a room, began to panic with the slow start, doesn't seem to be affecting occ rates.

Back