How long do you keep sealed 4-cup coffee packs?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How quickly does blood boil? I ASK YOU!
Ready for this? R U READY?
Now let me give you background, these are not children, these are I would guess late 50's or early 60s. I just walked out in the foyer and found THIS ON THE STAIRS. I have not had pitas for so long this really takes the cake. My flash is broken, bear with me on this:
lrg_Stairs.JPG

There is a note on a dirty towel left ON THE STAIRS that says "NO HOUSEKEEPING JUST NEED ONE TOWEL"
Now I feel I need to go into that room. I am not liking these Stepford rejects at all!
You all can laugh as I give advice and don't have any real pitas for myself for a while...well "THEY'RE HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!"

Now let me give you background, these are not children, these are I would guess late 50's or early 60s. I just walked out in the foyer and found THIS ON THE STAIRS. I have not had pitas for so long this really takes the cake. My flash is broken, bear with me on this:
lrg_Stairs.JPG

There is a note on a dirty towel left ON THE STAIRS that says "NO HOUSEKEEPING JUST NEED ONE TOWEL"
Now I feel I need to go into that room. I am not liking these Stepford rejects at all!
You all can laugh as I give advice and don't have any real pitas for myself for a while...well "THEY'RE HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!".
WHAT THE?????????????? Is this some kind of signal to you that you're not supposed to even go upstairs in your own place? Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
angry_smile.gif

I mean, are you supposed to leave a clean folded towel in the same spot with a reply note? Too weird....

omg_smile.gif
come on! they actually left the dirty towel on the stairs with a note!? these people just have no manners. none. i would absolutely go into their room to see what state it's in.

lrg_Stairs.JPG

You all can laugh as I give advice and don't have any real pitas for myself for a while...well "THEY'RE HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!".
Oh my...maybe they just don't have a clue!!! OBVIOUSLY!!! I would definitely go into that room. Or...better yet..throw a towel on the floor next to their door with a note...HERE YOU GO!

Great, this thread was on top for me to add a comment.
In seven years this is a first...
I go to refill the coffee carafe, in the kitchen...
As it starts to come toward the top I notice something...CREAM. They put cream in the whole blasted carafe! These Stepfords are STILL Stepfords...not sure if there will be a transformation..
WHO does something like that? That is so odd.....and rude!
Samster said:
Were they Italian? When we were in Italy several years ago the custom was to pour steamed milk and very strong coffee into the cup at the same time so as to have equal parts.
Or as you say maybe they were rude.

Great, this thread was on top for me to add a comment.
In seven years this is a first...
I go to refill the coffee carafe, in the kitchen...
As it starts to come toward the top I notice something...CREAM. They put cream in the whole blasted carafe! These Stepfords are STILL Stepfords...not sure if there will be a transformation..
Samster said:
Were they Italian? When we were in Italy several years ago the custom was to pour steamed milk and very strong coffee into the cup at the same time so as to have equal parts.
Or as you say maybe they were rude.
They poured cream into a whole carafe of coffee which was to serve everyone, not just them. That's not the same as preparing your own cup of coffee to your liking.

lrg_Stairs.JPG

I usually do not do "fluff" (what can I say, I am lazy) but you can bet your bottom dollar I would be doing it in THAT room!
Adding: the OnStar couple - he was a carpenter and I told him I was leaving the in-house coffee lost on the newel post as I was leaving for Council meeting that night. He was so surprised that I called it a newel post! He had not heard anyone use that correct term in years - even among carpenters! Seeing your's in the photo reminded me.

lrg_Stairs.JPG

Words fail me.

These are not OUR stairs, btw these are the stairs for all the guest rooms. All I can think of is they thought they would stop me before going to their room.
No they are not foreign, they ...no, don't make me type it, please...okay...I will since you forced me too...are from our nation's capitol. No jokes, please no jokes!

but but but...would you not just leave the towel in the room, the one towel and put a small note saying, No thanks to housekeeping, not needed, just a couple fresh towels please" These are the stepford guests who checked in last night. Maybe I should fold it back up and leave it there.

These are not OUR stairs, btw these are the stairs for all the guest rooms. All I can think of is they thought they would stop me before going to their room.
No they are not foreign, they ...no, don't make me type it, please...okay...I will since you forced me too...are from our nation's capitol. No jokes, please no jokes!.
Yeah, but it's still weird. I mean, they could have left a note on their door. Left the towel right outside their door with the note. Leave the towel with the note outside your quarters. On a table. On & on.... To leave it in the middle of the stairs..... It's really very unusual.

My 12 noon who wanted any early check in gluten just arrived...it is 715PM.
Alright who sent me this curse? I have been nursing a CHIPMUNK for three days so far after her surgery, had sad news about a family member with terminal cancer and it is has been 100 degrees all week, DH is out mowing the lawn after working 10 hours at his real job - cuz it has to get done!
The good news is this, for some reason I am not angry, this man is 6'5" and a nordic god. Why can't I be mad at this guest? Pathetic aren't I.

Alright who sent me this curse? I have been nursing a CHIPMUNK for three days so far after her surgery, had sad news about a family member with terminal cancer and it is has been 100 degrees all week, DH is out mowing the lawn after working 10 hours at his real job - cuz it has to get done!
The good news is this, for some reason I am not angry, this man is 6'5" and a nordic god. Why can't I be mad at this guest? Pathetic aren't I..
Haha....a Nordic god, huh?? :)
"Behind the clouds the sun is shining, Thy fate is the common fate of all, Into each life a little rain must fall, Some days must be dark and dreary..... " Longfellow
I guess it was your turn after all the great guests. Sorry.....

The good news is this, for some reason I am not angry, this man is 6'5" and a nordic god. Why can't I be mad at this guest? Pathetic aren't I..
Interestingly enough, I have been following another innkeeper's posts about her guests and each meal she makes for them (she does all 3 meals). She has had someone with some odd requirements, including that he must watch every meal being prepared. Not sure if she is into sarcasm or not (I think not) as she calls all of these restrictions 'blessings'.
From what I can gather, she makes everything she serves from scratch, or she buys it locally at the farmers market. She grows her own veggies. She talks about the hours she spends in the garden. I have no idea where she finds the time! I have no idea where she finds the patience.
My guests here with a baby are lamenting not being able to prepare her food for her from scratch. It's the only part of their vacation that they haven't enjoyed. They are making me wish I had the desire to cook. All they talk about is food. OK, they are not making me want to cook, they are making me want to go to Italy!

Interestingly enough, I have been following another innkeeper's posts about her guests and each meal she makes for them (she does all 3 meals). She has had someone with some odd requirements, including that he must watch every meal being prepared. Not sure if she is into sarcasm or not (I think not) as she calls all of these restrictions 'blessings'.
From what I can gather, she makes everything she serves from scratch, or she buys it locally at the farmers market. She grows her own veggies. She talks about the hours she spends in the garden. I have no idea where she finds the time! I have no idea where she finds the patience.
My guests here with a baby are lamenting not being able to prepare her food for her from scratch. It's the only part of their vacation that they haven't enjoyed. They are making me wish I had the desire to cook. All they talk about is food. OK, they are not making me want to cook, they are making me want to go to Italy!
Morticia said:
Interestingly enough, I have been following another innkeeper's posts about her guests and each meal she makes for them (she does all 3 meals).
Is it on a blog? I've picked up several that I follow - I seem to be inordinately attracted to the food blogs. It's like watching the Food Network but by reading.

After having great food AWAY from this town at restaurants and from the stores, I am cooking every night! Shrimp tacos with homemade pico de gallo and a chipotle sauce and tonight I made a summer vegetable ratatouille and then had small ground sirloin hamburgers with gorganzola cheese in the middle. I decided since there's no really good places to eat here, I'm going to cook "better" at home and get back to trying interesting but healthy recipes.
I've been reading "Eat, Pray, Love" and want to go to Italy, too! Gelato......

3 meals a day...I hope she has staff doing all the cleaning and maintenance. That is crazy...unless it is a restaurant as well. You could never get anything done...you would be spending your life in the kitchen :-(
I am with you...a trip to Italy sounds alot better.

3 meals a day...I hope she has staff doing all the cleaning and maintenance. That is crazy...unless it is a restaurant as well. You could never get anything done...you would be spending your life in the kitchen :-(
catlady said:
From my understanding she has just recently (only a few days ago) aquired some housecleaning help.....

Morticia said:
No, I don't think she says those things with sarcasm, she seems to truly like doing it. I know from her website she charges quite a fair amount for her dinners. But I don't see how she has time or energy to do it all....?! I did think it was odd the guest has to watch her prepare his meals due to his restriction, I would be put off thinking he didn't trust me!

Morticia said:
Interestingly enough, I have been following another innkeeper's posts about her guests and each meal she makes for them (she does all 3 meals).
Is it on a blog? I've picked up several that I follow - I seem to be inordinately attracted to the food blogs. It's like watching the Food Network but by reading.
muirford said:
Morticia said:
No it's not a blog, she writes these things on her facebook page.

Back