How low do you go?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My prices are what they are, and if one would go compare them to other places in Miami, they would probably be embarassed to ask me for a reduction. While our charter rates seem high to the average traveler, our B&B rates are VERY reasonable for Miami. I do charge more for holidays and special events as is customary here. Miami is very much a tourist destination. Yes, we have a high and low season, but in Miami, it's more like "high" and "really, really high" season. By comparison, I'm a bargain. So, no, I don't discount my B&B rates. Frankly, it's not worth my time and effort to do this for anything less. I don't make much money on B&B. I do it because I enjoy it, but I won't do it if I have to pay out of pocket for the pleasure at the end of the day..
We stayed at a Sheraton Cavalier on Dec. 24th and 25th while visiting relatives for Christmas - $149 per night + lots of taxes. It was a very small room with one queen bed, smaller than my smallest $89 per night b & b room. Don't drink the bottled water in your room because that would have cost us an extra $5 per bottle.
Parking was $12 per night and not a really safe area. No other amenities except a pool which we did not use. No free breakfast.
I then realized that our rates are all too low. I'm bumping them up in the new year.
People are crazy not to choose a b & b over an over priced hotel/motel.

Back