How many towels do you give a person? What do you consider a 'set of guest towels'?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wren

Reaction score
Do you replace them every day when you fluff a room or only if they throw them on the floor?

How many towels per person: one set
What's a set: one bath, one hand, one washcloth
Do we replace them everyday: only of they are on the floor or if they are dirty or smelly. Otherwise they are replaced every other day the guest is here.
We really don't have the space to have nice big stacks of towels in the bathrooms, if we did I would put out more towels.

Each room gets one full "set" for 2 adults: 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 washcloths. When the room is a fluff we take the towels and run them through the dryer with a dryer sheet to freshen up. We change them out totally every other day.

I check the shared bath daily as I clean it. The private bath gets checked when the guests request maid service - otherwise I stay out. The private bathroom has 2 bath towels, 1 wash cloth per person and at 3 hand towels on that towel bar plus a STACK of towels on the shelf in the robes closet (guest closet is on the other side in the passthrough between bedroom and bathroom). The shared bath has 3 sets of 2 towels and wash cloth on the towel bar of the antique washstand, 2 hand towels in towel rings, plus a handmade white oak market basket filled with rolled-up bath sheets, "bath" towels, hand towels, and wash cloths - more than enough. I remove towels from the other white oak basket in the shared bath - it is there for used and discarded towels. The private bath usually leaves their used towels in the claw-foot tub. Most guests hang their towels on the hooks we have on the doors.

Each room has 4 bath, two hand towels, two white washcloths and two rose colored washcloths for washing off makeup. All dirty are replaced with clean each day.

Each guest gets one set of towels
1 Bath towel
1 Hand towel
1 Facecloth.
Each bathroom gets 1 bath mat per shower/tub. Rooms with a shower and a jacuzzi will get 2 bath mats.
We are a 'green' establishment. I do not replace them daily unless they are tossed in a dirty soggy mess on the floor, then of course yes.

per person: 2 'facecloths', 2 hand towels, 2 bath towels or one bath towel and one bath 'sheet', also a 'hairdini' type hair towel and small washcloths rolled up in a basket.
where i was, in a harbor, it was damp and the towels sometimes did not dry despite the guests' best intentions. so i'd pull them if they were really damp because i knew they wouldn't dry out by hanging. i always changed out the soaking wet facecloths.

per person: 2 'facecloths', 2 hand towels, 2 bath towels or one bath towel and one bath 'sheet', also a 'hairdini' type hair towel and small washcloths rolled up in a basket.
where i was, in a harbor, it was damp and the towels sometimes did not dry despite the guests' best intentions. so i'd pull them if they were really damp because i knew they wouldn't dry out by hanging. i always changed out the soaking wet facecloths..
Same here on the soaking wet facecloths or floor mats. Those won't dry even in the winter.

where i was, in a harbor, it was damp and the towels sometimes did not dry despite the guests' best intentions. so i'd pull them if they were really damp because i knew they wouldn't dry out by hanging. i always changed out the soaking wet facecloths..
Same here on the soaking wet facecloths or floor mats. Those won't dry even in the winter.
My housekeepers' get very skeeved out by soaking wet washcloths...something so gross about squeezing out all that cold water. They will replace those rather than touch 'em!

wet wet wet ...
those towels just won't dry! and the bath mats ... never
wet wet wet
hmmmm couldn't resist posting this link. just really like this version.

Per double occupancy room: 4 bath, 2 hand, 3 washcloths, 1 face/makeup washcloth, bath mat. Wet towels, etc. are replaced every day because they just don't dry out here, no matter what. We have large tubs plus showers in most rooms and sometimes people will shower & bathe in the same day. Extra towels are left if there is a 3rd person in a couple of rooms that can accommodate them.
There is nothing worse than trying to dry off with a really damp towel. :-(

I always replace. Bacteria grows fast on wet towels. I would rather wash and dry knowing they are not sitting there growing bacteria. I know this is not green but we do many green things guests don't have a clue about. We are green in many other ways. Sometimes people think it is just about light bulbs and reusing towels.

1 bath, hand and face per guest. Changed when they are thrown in the shower but would not leave them for more than 3 days without changing.

I always replace. Bacteria grows fast on wet towels. I would rather wash and dry knowing they are not sitting there growing bacteria. I know this is not green but we do many green things guests don't have a clue about. We are green in many other ways. Sometimes people think it is just about light bulbs and reusing towels..
Amen, Sandy, and well said.
thumbs_up.gif

skeeved out ... i like that expression!
btw, i wear disposable gloves when cleaning. if the place doesn't provide 'em, i bring 'em.

For two guest = 4 bath sheets, two hand , two face. Heated towel racks in each unit. If thrown on the floor or very wet/used I replace them. Extended stay guest = 3rd day or above or at their request. Mary in Bridgewater.

Each guest gets one set of towels
1 Bath towel
1 Hand towel
1 Facecloth.
Each bathroom gets 1 bath mat per shower/tub. Rooms with a shower and a jacuzzi will get 2 bath mats.
We are a 'green' establishment. I do not replace them daily unless they are tossed in a dirty soggy mess on the floor, then of course yes..
We give each room 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 nice washcloths. We also have a few cheap washcloths rolled up in a basket. We also offer a bath mat as well as two small rugs on our ceramic tile floor.

Each room gets one full "set" for 2 adults: 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 washcloths. When the room is a fluff we take the towels and run them through the dryer with a dryer sheet to freshen up. We change them out totally every other day..
InnsiderInfo said:
When the room is a fluff we take the towels and run them through the dryer with a dryer sheet to freshen up.
Am I understanding correctly - you put a couples USED towels in the dryer with a dryer sheet and then rehang them in the room for them to use again?

Back