how many towels, etc.?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
China, my suggestion is to have the same size beds so you won't need as many sets of linens/sheets, then if something happens you can always move them around. What is your demographic? I have a good friend who is in China currently, and travels around via 24 hours on train and into bordering countries. There are a lot of Irish and Aussies he works with there..
So you're saying not to have Kings and twins? Our demographic is backpacking travellers (Europeans & Aussies) who usually travel in pairs (like two guy friends) and will probably want two twins in their room, as well as expats (large expat population 1.5hr from here in a big city, often complain there's nowhere in the countryside to retreat to -- that'll be us!!) who tend to be either a married couple (what we're thinking the King for) or families with a few young children. We'll have 12-14 rooms total though, and hired housekeeping help.
What we do but they don't seem to have this in the USA but you may have it where you are is Zip and Link beds
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6FT-SUPER-KING-SIZE-ZIP-LINK-DIVAN-BED-ZIP-AND-LINK-/290627958484?pt=Beds_Mattresses&hash=item43aac6b6d4
we have 4 which are the 5 foot accross version which unzips into 2 single 2'6 beds for extra versatility you can also get them in super king which is 6 foot accross with becomming a 3 foot single beds. we use a thick feather mattress topper and people really like the beds. Our room 10 has a double bed and single bed and room 11 is a zip and link double with a single sofa bed. this may be a solution however then you need extra duvets and covers as you need double and single ones.

Thanks for all the advice! Does anyone have spare pillows not kept in the room in case of an accident?.
More than a few... I keep many of them because people might need different pillows....
Stomach sleepers often prefer a pillow that is relatively flat. Maybe 3 to 4 cm in height. Back sleepers often prefer a medium pillow. Side sleepers often need thicker pillows or a second pillow. It is a good idea to keep extra pillows in the room or at least let guests know. There are some guests who prefer pillows with fluffy fill.... The pillow may sink in the middle more than usual.
I try to keep my guests from sleeping on the sham pillows. I do this by making it uncomfortably thick and hard and for this I often use two old and worn out pillows.
I wash my pillows and dry them using a ball in the dryer to fluff the fill.
Also, you will want to use a pillow case, preferably something quilted to cover the pillow and absorb sweat. It can easily be changed and washed and will help keep the pillow longer because it keeps the sweat from getting to the fill. The sweat is often what makes the pillows go flat, sooner.
The standard way of telling if a pillow needs to be washed and/or replaced is by folding it in two. If it doesn't come back to normal within a few seconds, it definitely needs to be washed. If it doesn't come back after being washed and dried, it's time to replace.
Also, if you decide to use feather or down pillows, have some hypo-allergetic pillows around, since there are people who are allergic to feather/down.

Back