How much do you spend per couple on apps & breakfast?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgins House

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Innkeepers,
I figure that we spend $18+- per couple for afternoon apps and breakfast. Would love to know your experience and thoughts.

I was going to try to find that topic here which was not that long ago where a few of us shared a breakdown of "Food" for guests $. But I can't find it.
My costs are along the same price-line. On avg. About $10 per person is what i think I estimate. Obv sometimes it is higher and sometimes lower...

I do not do afternoon anything but I put a basket of bananas, apples, and (if I have them) granola bats in the rooms. There is also a bowl of chocolate candies from that kiss place in PA. Breakfast has mini muffins calculated to have leftovers to give to the guests as a "care package" for the road. I probably easily do $10 per person with breakfast and the fruit basket with the fresh fruits I use for breakfasts and the non-citric juice (cheapest one of those is $3.99 per quart.

I do not do afternoon anything but I put a basket of bananas, apples, and (if I have them) granola bats in the rooms. There is also a bowl of chocolate candies from that kiss place in PA. Breakfast has mini muffins calculated to have leftovers to give to the guests as a "care package" for the road. I probably easily do $10 per person with breakfast and the fruit basket with the fresh fruits I use for breakfasts and the non-citric juice (cheapest one of those is $3.99 per quart..
gillumhouse said:
... granola bats ...
Spooky!

I do not do afternoon anything but I put a basket of bananas, apples, and (if I have them) granola bats in the rooms. There is also a bowl of chocolate candies from that kiss place in PA. Breakfast has mini muffins calculated to have leftovers to give to the guests as a "care package" for the road. I probably easily do $10 per person with breakfast and the fruit basket with the fresh fruits I use for breakfasts and the non-citric juice (cheapest one of those is $3.99 per quart..
gillumhouse said:
... granola bats ...
Spooky!
Sugar Bear said:
gillumhouse said:
... granola bats ...
Spooky!
They are always in my belfrey - what can I say. I admit to being the sane on in my family - THAT is scary!!!

Back