How often do you change the sheets for guests in residence?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vacpacker1

Reaction score
What do you think is the interval after which you should go in and voluntarily change a guest's sheets? 3 days? 5 days? 1 week??
Please weigh in on this one.
Thank you.

We do it every 3 days unless they do a deal for example we sometimes have long stay workmen they get theirs changed once a week for a slight price reduction. however if they book for 4 days i aint changing them for 1 day.

Twice a week, after the third or fourth day, depending on our work load. If we notice that they are ecologically minded, we ask them if they want them changed or if they would prefer that we do not. That way the choice is clearly theirs.
We change towels every three days, unless we clearly have enough for a load and then we take them and replace them, even if they are hung to reuse. We take wet facecloths and dirty towels even if they are hung as well.

We do it every 3 days unless they do a deal for example we sometimes have long stay workmen they get theirs changed once a week for a slight price reduction. however if they book for 4 days i aint changing them for 1 day..
We change sheets for stays of 7 days or longer & thus do a complete turnover (with sheets) in the middle. We change towels & clean (every thing else, but no sheet change) every 3 days (for 4 nights stays we do the middle, thus after 2)

Generally on the third morning unless it works out better for us to do it on a different day. 'In residence' tho implies they are living there for an extended period. A month? In that case, maybe once/week. We've had guests stay for a week who said to not bother. And their room was in such a state we really couldn't as making the bed was a balancing act in itself!

Every 3 days, after 2 if they are staying 4. - Towels every other day, wet washcloths every day. Long term guests (several weeks) that are getting a deep discount get less housekeeping and sheets changed once per week.

Every three days if longer stay we just ask if they want us to do this before they check out; most if they stay 5 days say that they don't need them changed. Towels we do daily if they leave them in the tub and washcloths every day-it all depends on the guest.
Personally we don't change our sheets but once a week.

"Sheets are changed every third day or with the change of guest" that is on our innroom guest info sheet
Edited to add: Innkeeper discretion if they go to freshen a room and the bed is disgusting, then they decide to change the linens or not right then and there. I had a lady with very bad dander and when I went to make the bed I was overwhelmed and couldn't make it, coulnd't cover it up and have it just laying in there and everywhere, I had to strip it.

Back