How sweet!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I am listening to the football game on the radio - our Reuben does the play-by-play announcing for our high school's games. (For the new ones here - Reuben is the news director at our local radio stations group and comes here for his holiday dinners or when he wants to take a break for "grandparent-type visit".) Suddenly as I walked into the kitchen I hear Gillum House and basically a commercial for us. DH heard the whole thing, he said, "I want to send out a special happy birthday to Kathleen Panek owner of the Gillum House.... " (this is where I came in). I did not even know he knew when it was!! Great ending (almost) of the day. Now I need to wait for the phantom guests to return. His brother is back already.

Happy Birthday Kathleen! and WOW that is awesome!

Happy Birthday Kathleen!
thumbs_up.gif

Yep..that is what small towns are all about. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

The twins sent me early presents - one sent 2 new tops with a box of Go div a chocol ates and the other one sent giant choc-covered strawberries. Then yesterday most of them called. I had the one room coming in but DH was dying to take me to lunch. Got a call at the restaurant they were here (I had unlocked the front door after DH was in the car).
This morning they commented about how surprised they were to discover they could just walk in, being from Chicago they are used to locking EVERYTHING. They thought it was nice that we trusted them to just come in. The brother who has been here a couple nights remarked about the nice job my hairdresser had done and I had not destroyed it overnight (I had told him I usually destroy a doo in one night). I told him she was aware of what I do and how long I need it to last so she moussed it before I went under the dryer, then sprayed it before she styled it, and then sprayed it again after. I could probably lift it off intact. They were PKs and we laughed that it would be Pentecostal hair but it was not high enough.

The twins sent me early presents - one sent 2 new tops with a box of Go div a chocol ates and the other one sent giant choc-covered strawberries. Then yesterday most of them called. I had the one room coming in but DH was dying to take me to lunch. Got a call at the restaurant they were here (I had unlocked the front door after DH was in the car).
This morning they commented about how surprised they were to discover they could just walk in, being from Chicago they are used to locking EVERYTHING. They thought it was nice that we trusted them to just come in. The brother who has been here a couple nights remarked about the nice job my hairdresser had done and I had not destroyed it overnight (I had told him I usually destroy a doo in one night). I told him she was aware of what I do and how long I need it to last so she moussed it before I went under the dryer, then sprayed it before she styled it, and then sprayed it again after. I could probably lift it off intact. They were PKs and we laughed that it would be Pentecostal hair but it was not high enough..
Happy birthday!"

Back