How to ask for a pay raise and how much?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who was that innsitter who was here for a while? she was champion of stating her worth to owners ... she really was. she also would negotiate when the offer of compensation was low ... a % of rentals. she used to say it's all about the love or something like that. i think it was inn keep r to go and surely i read that she is gravely ill. that is sad because she is a force to reckon with.
the biggest thing in your favor is higher bookings and income and good reviews.
so i would ask about the raise based on your selling points and if the numbers do not support a raise (i assume they do because you know the financials) then you want to have a time when a raise or a % bonus would be forthcoming.
i also found it/find it very difficult to ask for a raise. and i tend to jump in and do more than was asked or expected because i take ownership of whatever place it is and want it to be run/done right. and sometimes, yes, it comes back to bite my backside when the boss/whomever basically says, 'we never ASKED you to do all those extra things'.
i am concerned also that this inspection was done in your absence with an innsitter on board whom you did not hire.
sad_smile.gif

Back