How to Deskunk a Dog?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the odds. He got into it AGAIN with most likely the same skunk. I guess it must live on the property. Unfortunately, it has been nice and warm lately so he wasn't wearing his clothes or the infamous biohazard suit. So now it is in his fur and I will have to give him "the treatment", but not until tomorrow. Lucky for him it is warm enough for him to spend the night outside tonight. UGGGGH! From now on no more late night poop runs. I'd rather clean up the floor than go through this AGAIN.
cry_smile.gif

What are the odds. He got into it AGAIN with most likely the same skunk. I guess it must live on the property. Unfortunately, it has been nice and warm lately so he wasn't wearing his clothes or the infamous biohazard suit. So now it is in his fur and I will have to give him "the treatment", but not until tomorrow. Lucky for him it is warm enough for him to spend the night outside tonight. UGGGGH! From now on no more late night poop runs. I'd rather clean up the floor than go through this AGAIN.
cry_smile.gif
SweetiePie said:
cry_smile.gif
The odds are great if he's like my nutty wolfhound. He's done it twice too.
RIki

Our old dog got it in the face a few months ago, too. We had luck with taking baking soda (lots of it) and putting it into a bottle. Make a paste with water. Liberally spread it over the dog. Rinse. Repeat if necessary. Then, we washed her with dish soap. Put a small squirt of human conditioner on her and she was good to go.

Back