How to Feel Better in the Wintertime

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
How to Feel Better in the Wintertime[/h1]During the winter, it can feel like the forces of nature are conspiring to keep you from going anywhere or doing anything. Just getting to work can feel like an epic battle. With winter upon us, the increasing darkness and freezing temperatures can feel downright oppressive at times, and it can be tough to stay energized and motivated.
Although hibernation may feel like the best solution, there are other effective ways to cope. We turned to Kathianne Sellers Williams, MEd, RD, a registered dietitian and wellness coach, for expert tips on keeping energy levels up during the dark, cold days of winter.
more here http://workawesome.com/general/winter-depression/

I am really intrigued by the idea of the light alarm clock...anyone familiar with a brand that they like/have used?

I am really intrigued by the idea of the light alarm clock...anyone familiar with a brand that they like/have used?.
Don Draper said:
I am really intrigued by the idea of the light alarm clock...anyone familiar with a brand that they like/have used?
I have one. We've used it for eons. It's very helpful if your room is anywhere near the guest rooms and you don't want to wake anyone else up. The one I have is from LL Bean.
Caveat: it doesn't work that well in the summer here as it is very bright way before the alarm goes off. It doesn't work at all for me, but DH gets up first. If you ignore the light, the sound goes off and it is LOUD. It can also make your bedroom very bright at night, but you can put in a very low wattage bulb in the winter so it's not too bright.
If it works for you, it is very effective and it is much better than the noise.

I am really intrigued by the idea of the light alarm clock...anyone familiar with a brand that they like/have used?.
Don Draper said:
I have one. We've used it for eons. It's very helpful if your room is anywhere near the guest rooms and you don't want to wake anyone else up. The one I have is from LL Bean.
Caveat: it doesn't work that well in the summer here as it is very bright way before the alarm goes off. It doesn't work at all for me, but DH gets up first. If you ignore the light, the sound goes off and it is LOUD. It can also make your bedroom very bright at night, but you can put in a very low wattage bulb in the winter so it's not too bright.
Cool, thanks. I would like it I think mostly for winter, when it is pitch black here 'til almost 8 am some days.

Just an fyi
as of right now we are gaining anywhere between one to four minutes per day of sunlight/daytime. Depending on where you are located in the hemisphere, father north gains more sunlight (we're prb gaining 1 minute per day). So that means say 5 to 7 minutes extra per week! See the glass IS HALF FULL!
So in other words, what goes around comes around. Literally.
wink_smile.gif

Just an fyi
as of right now we are gaining anywhere between one to four minutes per day of sunlight/daytime. Depending on where you are located in the hemisphere, father north gains more sunlight (we're prb gaining 1 minute per day). So that means say 5 to 7 minutes extra per week! See the glass IS HALF FULL!
So in other words, what goes around comes around. Literally.
wink_smile.gif
AND HOW! And it's been nice and sunny and will be for at least a few more days...we are lucky to have no snow so we can get out and walk.

Don Draper said:
Cool, thanks. I would like it I think mostly for winter, when it is pitch black here 'til almost 8 am some days.
Don Draper said:
I am lucky in that it isn't really dark here when I have to get up. Generally, it is not necessary to have lights on to get stuff done. (At 5 AM it is, but by 6:30 not so bad.)
And, like Joey says, the days are getting longer everyday! And it has been wonderfully sunny here so I sit right in the window with my laptop to do my work. Plus, I have a 'natural light' lightbulb for days when it isn't sunny. Full spectrum is the correct term for the bulb.

Back