How to Find a Perfect Inn, bnb or Hotel for the Next Vacation and Not to be ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']How to Find a Perfect Inn, bnb or Hotel for the Next Vacation and Not to be ...[/FONT]
Live-PR.com (Pressemitteilung)
This award winning bed and breakfast is situated within a unique pastoral sanctuary just over an hour east of Chicago at Tryon Farm in Michigan City, ...

Excerpt: The concept is simple: the more reviews an accommodation receives – the more attractive it becomes. And it works! Travelers are confident that their expectations will be met, when innkeepers are inspired to make every stay unforgettable.

Study after study confirms that reviews can be the recipe for success. Travelers want to be extra sure, especially in tough times, that the inn they have chosen will meet their expectations. A catchy description or high quality photo are sometimes not enough, as many travelers are looking for a live feedback. And they will find it on Recom mend ed Inns.com!

update: apparently this is a major spammer so I am removing the link to the article. sorry everyone..

Well, I agree with the review theory, it's done wonders for us.

LOL I think they need to be more self-serving in their press release. That site is one of my top spammers at the moment (~10 per week)

Didn't they drop by here and drop tons of links and then get upset when we called them on it? When I tried to find their site, using their very own name, all I found were the press releases.

Big Spammer for me as well. Just did a search with the same results as Bree mentioned. Oh, tried going directly to the site and site is not working

the more reviews an accommodation receives – the more attractive it becomes.
They may be a big time spammer, but I have to agree with this comment. My friends are raking up Great Reviews and with it their business has skyrocketed!!!

Morticia:
Didn't they drop by here and drop tons of links and then get upset when we called them on it?
"Tons" was actually only two links and I regret it.
This directory ( I will never mention the url again) is trying to help innkeepers to aquire a higher travelers' ranking and receive more exposure. I really like their idea, for two reasons:
1) The web is full with sites that charge money to place usual description and images of your property, but give you nothing. I think only 5-10 directories are actually working and providing reservations. Scam, actually.
The directory we are talking is based on a quite different approach - they position themselves as a registry for recommended, reviewed inns. That's yet something off the beaten path in online ads of vacation accommodations. This feature makes them distinctive and I believe it will eventually position them among top directories.
2) They will post only postive feedback about your property (guest comments, reviews or articles extracts). Why is that? Because they care about innkeepers.
On TripAdvisor.com every frustrated person (you know what I'm talking about) can post a negative comment about your property and spoil your business. Bad review on Tripadvisor is a big issue, many travelers probably will avoid your property in future just because they read that negative review. From the standpoint of Tripadvisor - they don't care - they are a huge and very popular website with travelers' content. This directory, on the contrary, gives innkeepers a chance to control the testimonials.
Regarding spam - this is simply not true. Their ads has an unsubscribe option. This is the way I got rid of it, actually:). I do not see anything wrong here. Or you think BnB.com didn't use mass mailing in the beginning?
Your thoughts on the topic are appreciated.

Morticia:
Didn't they drop by here and drop tons of links and then get upset when we called them on it?
This directory ( I will never mention the url again) is trying to help innkeepers to aquire a higher travelers' ranking and receive more exposure. I really like their idea, for two reasons:
1) The web is full with sites that charge money to place usual description and images of your property, but give you nothing. I think only 5-10 directories are actually working and providing reservations. Scam, actually.
The directory we are talking is based on a quite different approach - they position themselves as a registry for recommended, reviewed inns. That's yet something off the beaten path in online ads of vacation accommodations. This feature makes them distinctive and I believe it will eventually position them among top directories.
2) They will post only postive feedback about your property (guest comments, reviews or articles extracts). Why is that? Because they care about innkeepers.
On TripAdvisor.com every frustrated person (you know what I'm talking about) can post a negative comment about your property and spoil your business. Bad review on Tripadvisor is a big issue, many travelers probably will avoid your property in future just because they read that negative review. From the standpoint of Tripadvisor - they don't care - they are a huge and very popular website with travelers' content. This directory, on the contrary, gives innkeepers a chance to control the testimonials.
Regarding spam - this is simply not true. Their ads has an unsubscribe option. This is the way I got rid of it, actually:). I do not see anything wrong here. Or you think BnB.com didn't use mass mailing in the beginning?
Your thoughts on the topic are appreciated..
THIS is the kind of thing that
potty-mouth.gif
's the forum members off. What is your position with Travelegia.com? Post your site in the resources section with a link, and quit pretending that you're an innkeeper.

Morticia:
I think it was mentioned the links don't work on the site. The site cannot be found except in the blatant press releases for said site. The inns listed are not in any kind of order so it's really just paying for a link and not someplace a real live guest would use to find a property. You won't own up to being a link dropper who is being paid to make sure people here click on the links back to the site so you get paid. And what value is it to the guest to have cherry-picked reviews? No one would use the site if they knew every review is vetted by the innkeeper before being posted. Again, it is strictly a paid link. Why would I pay $99 for a link from a site no one can find? How many more ways are there to explain this?
Like LB said, post your website link in the section devoted to 'resources,' explain you have a vested interest in the site and no one will complain.
But if you post it where innkeepers are discussing websites & directories and those same innkeepers think you're trying to drop links, then you'll hear about it. Simple.

Morticia:
THIS is the kind of thing that
potty-mouth.gif
's the forum members off. What is your position with Travelegia.com? Post your site in the resources section with a link, and quit pretending that you're an innkeeper.
Well guess what.. I just found my place listed there and we have been closed for almost 3 years!!! I tried to send them an email to remove it and this is the error I got
Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a0006'
553 5.1.8 Sender address <[email protected]> domain does not exist
/include/sendmail.inc.asp, line 254
DUH... Of course my email and this domain exists...so what is up with that!!!!!!

Back